So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

My Father Flor de las Antillas with a pour of WT.  Frosty and Santa approved...  :)

2C63E263-C441-4F5D-93FC-D1BF0D150041.jpeg

• I like it 3

AF Don Carlos Belicoso while waiting to yank the turkey from the smoker.  

B8A01855-362C-4092-922D-BAEF49B5BD5D.jpeg

• I like it 2

Having a Monte Ciudad de Musica on the front patio. Solid smoke, nice burn, good amount of smoke, nice medium taste. Pairing well with a little RR SB pick.
IMG_5879.JPG

• I like it 2

MF Le Bijou 1922 Torpedo Box Pressed, and a Jos. Magnus Triple Cask as I take a break while Mrssmokinjoe, Littlesmokinjoe and her BFF, are out at the mall shopping.  I’m not sure how this happens, but this cigar seems better since I lit it with Four Roses matches...  :D  

Or, maybe it’s the peace and quiet...

The Magnus pairing beautifully.  Outstanding mouthfeel that jumped out at first sip.  Almost lightly bees-waxish.  Really nice.  

5BC4AC94-8EB3-46DE-961A-5A656223455D.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 2

I’m really digging this Romeo Toro. To me ideal size, idea body, burns fantastic, just the right amount of smoke and nice even slow burn.

IMG_5906.JPG

• I like it 2

Outside waiting for the coals to grill some New Years steaks.

Powstanie, the “Polish” cigar. It’s a maduro, toro sized, same guys that do RimaCraft. Maybe a little too full bodied for me but I’m still digging it with a little EC private selection from some Okies.

IMG_5987.thumb.JPG.82a6224f08b2258b9f20a46ac9189aa8.JPG

• I like it 1

Wow this one is great, about twice the price of what I normally smoke but worth it. It’s creamy it’s full flavored without being full bodied if that makes any sense. Perfectly constructed, burns great. Damn Aging Room, you guys did good.

IMG_6004.JPG
IMG_6006.JPG

• I like it 2

Not finding anything to fault in this cigar. Firm, but easy drawing.  Nice burn, and chewy, nutty flavor.  Just another Pepin quality expression.  

48453DCB-6EC5-41D0-B3F6-43433EDB57FD.jpeg

• I like it 2

Enjoying this Romeo robusto Nicaragua? It has a sort of box press which I like. Dark wrapper but nice medium body. Smokes really great, really digging on a perfect weather Houston January night.

IMG_6054.JPG

• I like it 1

Taking advantage of a dry evening for a change, so I can get a fire going and fire up a Gurkha 125th.  

A93554CE-F071-44DF-BF8C-271C40822DEE.jpeg

• I like it 1

Taking advantage of a dry evening for a change, so I can get a fire going and fire up a Gurkha 125th.  
A93554CE-F071-44DF-BF8C-271C40822DEE.thumb.jpeg.d10be724d068c9cb695447b7a3d8e0a3.jpeg

What do you think of the Gurkha cigars? Been intending to pick up a sampler of these.

This is better than I expected. I’ve been hanging onto this for a while part of a sampler pack. Much more balanced than I expected. Tempted to big more of these 6 x 60 monsters.

IMG_6068.JPG

• I like it 1

Enjoyable afternoon at sea off the coast of Argentina. Brickhouse and Macallan Select Oak pair nicely. 

20190116_144206.jpg

• I like it 3

I liked this lancero much more than I thought I would.

IMG_6096.thumb.JPG.df15a4b9db1a30813751001021989817.JPG

Because it’s a Lancero or because of the brand?

I’m surprised because it was a lancero.

Have you not had good experiences with them in the past? I can tell from your posts that you are a lover of fine tobacco. For me, and some of my nerdier cigar friends, the lancero or panatella gives the best flavor representation of a given cigar make. The smaller ring gauge, which hasn’t been “fashionable” for over 20 years, gives more concentrated flavor than a Churchill or a Robusto. Smaller Coronas do the same but the lancero’s longer roll keeps a cool burn longer. This also tends to enhance the flavor. Just my 2 cents, which are probably work half a penny. I really wish lanceros were more widely available. Perfectos too for that matter.
  • I like it 2