So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Fuente Fuente Opus X, paired with Woodford Reserve Rye.

Been drinking peaty scotch this afternoon, so the rye tastes sweeter than usual.

20190929_192911.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 3

I haven't gone through all 76 pages of discussions. But was curious if anyone has tried a Bandelero (?) I think is the spelling? And if you found one, where did you find it? 

I've heard they are pretty good cigars but can't seem to find any. 

Thanks all,

For the commute this morning. Made it through it but just don’t get the potpourri infused flavors.
IMG_3429.JPG

7 hours ago, marshall9779 said:

UC Coronet Maduro for the commute this morning.
IMG_3474.JPG

I gotta admit I kinda dig your smokin’ on the ride in, on some mornings.  I couldn’t do it as I’m not wired for cigars in the morning, but I find it cool.  :)

• I like it 1

From Saturday. An Archetype Axis Mundi that I wrapped at the Drew Estate PA Barnsmoker. Will have to compare to the factory version soon. Smoked fairly well but will have to see if the burn is any better on the factory one.
IMG_3478.JPG

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On September 29, 2019 at 4:37 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Fuente Fuente Opus X, paired with Woodford Reserve Rye.

Been drinking peaty scotch this afternoon, so the rye tastes sweeter than usual.

20190929_192911.jpg

Opus X is always a great smoke!

Olivia  Noir out by the fire listening to Cincy pull off an at the gun win on the radio.  Love it when I can get an AM station 400 miles away...WLW!

CE929EB9-E532-467D-A131-329AF387F360.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

Melanio V out by the fire.  What a tank of a cigar.  Big, bold, ass kicker.  But, draws like buddah and never harsh.  

8128C79B-BED2-4687-8AD0-CAA70F45F786.jpeg

3 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

Melanio V out by the fire.  What a tank of a cigar.  Big, bold, ass kicker.  But, draws like buddah and never harsh.  

8128C79B-BED2-4687-8AD0-CAA70F45F786.jpeg

I go between the Melanio (figurado) and the MB3 (double robusto). Hard to beat, both are supreme. I get a cardamom flavor drawing on the Melanio before lighting, it is unique in the best way. The MB3 is downright crave-worthy, my go-to when fishing or fire sitting.

• I like it 1

6 minutes ago, DeltaAlphaVictorEasy said:

I go between the Melanio (figurado) and the MB3 (double robusto). Hard to beat, both are supreme. I get a cardamom flavor drawing on the Melanio before lighting, it is unique in the best way. The MB3 is downright crave-worthy, my go-to when fishing or fire sitting.

I can say that MB3 is my favorite cigar.  I pounce on the sales whenever they show up on Holts or CI.  

I have not been a fan of Camachos for some time.  But, a friend gave me an Ecuador a few months ago, that I very much enjoyed.  Picked up a box recently based on that experience, and I’m glad i did.  A couple in, and this is a terrific smoke.  Earthy with a pronounced spiciness that works really well together.  Draw and burn are top notch. Always good when doors open that you had previously closed.   Nice end to the weekend.  

50BD0FA3-8C52-4F00-B4FA-12233C5627A3.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 2