So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

“Celebrating” a Braves extra inning win with a Rocky Patel ALR.  Quotes used, because I hate this new rule of starting extra innings with a guy on second base, though it worked for Braves, tonight.  Braves scored 3 in top of 10th and Mets started their 10th  with the same, and just managed 1.  Yeah, I don’t like excessively long games either, but this is not the place in the game to put in a game-of-baseball changing gimmick to try and alleviate the issue.  

0DA0AF0E-93CB-4259-9CF0-20E4494B08F5.jpeg

Doing a few pours of Compass Box Myth & Legends III with a Montecristo Classic No 1 on the porch tonight.

image.jpg

• I like it 2

DEEFC980-EB45-48C2-A3E9-D76DC7D4EB76.thumb.jpeg.422feec37ea57e026a53a3e0795bd4e7.jpegFinishing up the weekend with an Aganorsa Signature corona gorda maduro.  Love this size of cigar.  My friend BigRich has got me to trying under 50 ring sticks, and I’m enjoying the step out of the typical robusto to great enjoyment.  Spicy svelte vixen this cigar is.  Pairing nicely with a Beam Legent as the Sun goes down and Braves on the radio.  

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 1

Dayuuum Joe, that thing looks like it'd eat that Legend alive!  Me thinks you're gonna' need a barrel proofer before you polish that baby off!  ;)

Liga No. 9 on the front porch to conclude my decompression from this week.  

3A932581-A012-4DBA-BB96-696C7D983FC6.jpeg

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, smokinjoe said:

Liga No. 9 on the front porch to conclude my decompression from this week.  

3A932581-A012-4DBA-BB96-696C7D983FC6.jpeg

This monster is still going.  Dang, what a cigar.  ?

4AE0528F-830B-49D4-A69F-748735BC71DE.jpeg

• I like it 1

Out back listening to Braves on the radio being stifled by Jake Arrieta and the Phils.  RP Vintage 1979 keeping me company.  Nutty, good draw, and nice burn.  Noteworthy, as Rocky Patel’s seem to be increasingly inconsistent in the last two categories.  Enjoyable tonight though, for sure, despite what’s going on with the game.   ?  A big thank you to Sergeant-at-Arms BigRich, who gave this one to me last night at our GBS Executive Board Meeting, along with supplying a lot of great whiskey, pizza, and laughs.  ??

On 8/8/2020 at 8:54 PM, smokinjoe said:

Out back listening to Braves on the radio being stifled by Jake Arrieta and the Phils.  RP Vintage 1979 keeping me company.  Nutty, good draw, and nice burn.  Noteworthy, as Rocky Patel’s seem to be increasingly inconsistent in the last two categories.  Enjoyable tonight though, for sure, despite what’s going on with the game.   ?  A big thank you to Sergeant-at-Arms BigRich, who gave this one to me last night at our GBS Executive Board Meeting, along with supplying a lot of great whiskey, pizza, and laughs.  ??

It surprised me too.  I'm not much of a RP fan boy but the '79 was firing on all cylinders.  

Had a Crowned Heads Tennessee Waltz last night while hanging out with a buddy having some socially distant pours and cigars.

CC57515A-971B-4121-9E37-646CF04B0C29.jpeg

• I like it 1

Wrapped up the evening with one of my favorites sticks, the Nestor Miranda Special Selection. and a bit of BT. Hope the rain holds off this evening. Hope the rain holds off this evening for a redux. 

123.PNG

Crowned Heads/ Drew Estate colab, La Colaición while working this morning.

DF2D79E8-5FAF-4886-A7AD-76D7E7E947AC.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've really been enjoying the Rocky Patel 1990s recently, having one yet again. But this time with a wilderness trail rye. The cigar really accentuates the honey and lemon from the drink

Run on from the cooking forum.... Switched from the old pepper to a high west campfire. The Rocky Patel 1990. Really brought out a peach note I had never encountered before. It really is a match made in heaven.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:05 PM, Galvin0791 said:

Thanks to a generous SB member (two members, actually), this is my breakfast today!  

20200905_110408.jpg

I covet your coffee mug

• I like it 2

AF Anejo on the front patio listening to Braves on the radio.  

250690AF-91D0-4365-B082-DF8DC8E8E20D.jpeg

Purchased a box of these in Oct 2013 when the "2014 Year of the Horse" was released. I smoke one each year when my business year ends. That's today for me. Great smoke that continues to improve with age...like most cigars should.

IMG_1196.thumb.jpg.64de3ba0c33ea687b24dc6bce569c0c8.jpgIMG_1197.thumb.jpg.89afd6b2245c220f2d8803b982cc2aec.jpg

• I like it 1

It was a lovely and unseasonably cool weekend in metro Atlanta.  Wifey and I lit a fire in the fire pit Saturday and enjoyed some quiet time with the new dog.  A Montecristo #2 capped it off for me. 

• I like it 1

Rocky 20th Anniversary lancero our on the front patio while listening to Braves on the radio.  Game...not so good.  This cigar...very nice.  Creamy smooth.  Little light nuttiness, and great draw.  

DB9BD3A1-322F-40EC-888C-63D595184E5B.jpeg

On 9/26/2020 at 9:16 PM, smokinjoe said:

Rocky 20th Anniversary lancero our on the front patio while listening to Braves on the radio.  Game...not so good.  This cigar...very nice.  Creamy smooth.  Little light nuttiness, and great draw.  

DB9BD3A1-322F-40EC-888C-63D595184E5B.jpeg

Lancero huh?  This is becoming a trend. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Diamond Crown #4 to finish up the weekend.  

BF924C37-6402-4C3D-8A1F-5E1CF3697F70.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe

Out on the front porch, and very content to hear the PA announcer and band playing just a few blocks away during the local high school football game on a beautiful Autumn evening.  At least some semblance of normalcy for these kids who have lost so much of their youth during this pandemic.  The Home team lost a close one, but I’ve fired up an Oliva Serie V to at least celebrate the event.  

0346B708-3476-4095-90D1-7F547CEF01A9.jpeg

• I like it 2