So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Happy slightly belated Fourth.  Hadn’t smoked a cigar in over a year.  Pulled out and old reliable AJ Enclave robusto.  Also went bunker diving and pulled out some W12.  Almost opened the handle but decided it made more sense to pull a 750 first.

6B4F68F4-4112-4156-B5A3-A721C62DF3A1.thumb.jpeg.4f8ccd86c015e28b58e02db91d7535e0.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Keeping this ash on this AF Signature may be the most significant thing I’ve accomplished in months... So I got that goin’ for me... 😆

CF3C2906-882A-42FB-80F8-873B949896C1.jpeg

• I like it 2

First experience with a Macanudo Inspirado White.  Real easy smoking stick.  Perfect as the Sun goes down, and relaxing with Braves on the radio on the front patio.  

9DA0BF41-7B12-44F1-A476-71283FDA2F08.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Paddy said:

Couldn’t wait for the weekend.

2D46E0A8-3037-4AA9-9456-C536EA6A1E44.jpeg

Nor should you.  That is one of my favorites!

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting out a Braves rain delay with a Padron on the front porch accompanied by a VOB 90 while perusing the CI catalog featuring an Eagle Rare cigar gift set.  Soooo, 79 bucks for some golf tees, a ball marker, 5 unknown cigars (with a nice label 🙃) and a nice flask…If they throw in a bottle of Eagle Rare they are still short on the worth scale…. 😏

55605F56-ABAD-4AF1-AFA9-BBA7734D1697.jpeg

• I like it 1

Flor de las Antilles tonight.  This cigar is checking all of the right boxes.  

6F7EDEF8-2435-4E54-B2F4-EB1677BB61DE.jpeg

I had purchased and greatly enjoyed myself a RP grand reserve, but when I went back to the shop they were all gone. I asked my guy if he could order me a box. To which he kind of chuckled and replied "I'll see what I can do." Moral of the story is it never hurts to ask. It was quite the wait, but they did come in.

IMG_20210831_201357.jpg

Edited by Mattk
  • I like it 3

On 8/28/2021 at 10:49 PM, HoustonNit said:

I’m an Oliva fan, been a while but this is hitting the spot.

A41EE6DA-446F-43E0-99CE-7D9BA8069951.jpeg

Well done.....man I love that Laphroaig. Those Olivias are also great, as are the Melanio's. I encourage you to go to youtube and check out the videos from Laphroaig where people try it for the first time. 

On 9/2/2021 at 8:34 AM, WD40 said:

Well done.....man I love that Laphroaig. Those Olivias are also great, as are the Melanio's. I encourage you to go to youtube and check out the videos from Laphroaig where people try it for the first time. 

Ha won’t let watch it as it’s age restricted.

Is it this clip, I suppose peat is an squired taste but I love the stuff.  That cask strength brings it up another notch.  I bought a bottle of SFTB Blanton’s before the price hike last year in France and gave it to a friend who bought me this.  

Dodgers and Giants on the radio with a Glenfiddich 18 and a really enjoyable RP SunGrown Maduro.  

4F769E66-B751-4466-81D5-6560A2DACC3A.jpeg

• I like it 1

On 9/5/2021 at 7:34 PM, smokinjoe said:

Dodgers and Giants on the radio with a Glenfiddich 18 and a really enjoyable RP SunGrown Maduro.  

4F769E66-B751-4466-81D5-6560A2DACC3A.jpeg

I love that radio.

15 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

I love that radio.

You should've seen his last one. Wire coat hanger and all. 

• I like it 1

Got this in a sampler a couple years back, figured it was time to give it a twirl, LFD Andalusian Bull.  Pretty solid but bigger size than I normally smoke.  Also trying to kill a few bottles.  Rum first then peated scotch.

Thinking of smoking, smoked a rack of ribs.

7CF706E3-49E8-4DFB-9AFB-7AFA2EBFD926.jpeg

AE872BD4-C8CE-4995-A3B4-59ABA4FE6B17.jpeg

• I like it 1

Patio.thumb.jpg.e83c959f4641db171b36378bc24251ad.jpg

I've posted this cigar before. I bought a box in Oct 13 when they released the YEAR OF THE HORSE. It's been seasoning for 8yrs now and I'm celebrating my fiscal yr end of work. Going BIG! :) 

• I like it 3

AF Don Carlos Presidente out front on a cooool evening, here Down South.  

E5D522CD-D420-4DF9-A5F0-EDFA1CCBA727.jpeg

• I like it 2

Does anyone have some insight on what is going on with cigar supply chain?  A quick internet search didn't turn up anything.  At my usual online store there are numerous members of my regular rotation (Padron, Arturo Fuente, etc.) show 30+ day delays, out of stock, or notify me whenever the hell we get some.   

COVID?  Regulations? Supply/Demand economics?  There are plenty of plausible reasons.  I'm wondering if anyone has any specific insight. 

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

Does anyone have some insight on what is going on with cigar supply chain?  A quick internet search didn't turn up anything.  At my usual online store there are numerous members of my regular rotation (Padron, Arturo Fuente, etc.) show 30+ day delays, out of stock, or notify me whenever the hell we get some.   

COVID?  Regulations? Supply/Demand economics?  There are plenty of plausible reasons.  I'm wondering if anyone has any specific insight. 

I thought you only smoked Cubans?  I buy mostly run of the mill Oliva and Holts my source has those in stock.  Seems not that uncommon for places to stocked out on Fuente and Parddon and other lore high end stuff before.

19 minutes ago, HoustonNit said:

I thought you only smoked Cubans?  I buy mostly run of the mill Oliva and Holts my source has those in stock.  Seems not that uncommon for places to stocked out on Fuente and Parddon and other lore high end stuff before.

I'm not a fan of Cuban cigars.  Great flavor, piss poor quality control. 

On the higher end lines (Don Carlos, Opus X, Padron Family Reserve, Series 26, etc.) yeah they are back ordered from time to time.  But this was just Hemingways and the '64 Padrons that I was looking for.  Holts was my third stop and I did find and order them there.  But I'm seeing more back orders from Oliva, AVO, and Alec Bradley's as well as others.  It could just be a weird time for their stock. I was just wondering if there was "something going on" that I wasn't aware of.   I'm a bit of a whore when it comes to whiskey. I enjoy many and can always find an alternative to drink if what I'm looking for isn't around.  But I've settled into a narrower field with cigars.  So seeing more shortages than I'm used to got me a little spooked after all these years of whiskey booming.  

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

I'm not a fan of Cuban cigars.  Great flavor, piss poor quality control. 

On the higher end lines (Don Carlos, Opus X, Padron Family Reserve, Series 26, etc.) yeah they are back ordered from time to time.  But this was just Hemingways and the '64 Padrons that I was looking for.  Holts was my third stop and I did find and order them there.  But I'm seeing more back orders from Oliva, AVO, and Alec Bradley's as well as others.  It could just be a weird time for their stock. I was just wondering if there was "something going on" that I wasn't aware of.   I'm a bit of a whore when it comes to whiskey. I enjoy many and can always find an alternative to drink if what I'm looking for isn't around.  But I've settled into a narrower field with cigars.  So seeing more shortages than I'm used to got me a little spooked after all these years of whiskey booming.  

Ah interesting I mean disruptions elsewhere so I guess why not cigars.  I did check my gi to cigars at Holts after your post and no issues.

• I like it 1

Nice Churchill from a local guy that rolls his own. Not bad t’all. Poured a little 5 grain from Sx and Twenty. First pour and it’s quite tasty. 

2B8E4B3B-5E55-4C22-9DB9-978A9C4806BD.jpeg

• I like it 2