So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

16 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

It seems that every time this Winter that I want to get out by the fireplace and enjoy a bourbon and cigar, it rains.  Decided to start early, as rain is coming later…Oliva V Melanio, a PS Knob Creek, and a fire, is setting things up for a fine next couple of hours.  

FD577C9B-660D-4708-82C6-4BDE6B7ED473.jpeg

This fireplace is a dream! 

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, Kepler said:

I love your outdoor fireplace.  Awhile back I almost bought a house that had one of those but for other reasons I didn't pull the trigger on that house.  This reminds me that I could just install one for myself at my current place; however I don't think my current back yard has the extra space.  At least not without convincing Mrs. Kep anyway.  But someday!

3 hours ago, Sven Heuchert said:

This fireplace is a dream! 

Thanks, fellas.  I’ve built a lot of hardscaping, built walls, patios, fences, etc., in the 35 years we’ve been in the house, but the fireplace is my favorite.   My wheelbarrow has gotten a lot of use, and I claim the neighborhood record of most 80 lbs bags of concrete hand mixed in it.  LOL!  
A lot of ideas, plans, strategies, have been hatched in front of that fire over the years, and I think it really makes me smarter, particularly with a couple bourbons and cigars while ruminating…

It particularly shows well in the Fall.

8DAD5CC6-1416-4912-A15C-08014971ECCF.jpeg

• I like it 5

5 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Thanks, fellas.  I’ve built a lot of hardscaping, built walls, patios, fences, etc., in the 35 years we’ve been in the house, but the fireplace is my favorite.   My wheelbarrow has gotten a lot of use, and I claim the neighborhood record of most 80 lbs bags of concrete hand mixed in it.  LOL!  
A lot of ideas, plans, strategies, have been hatched in front of that fire over the years, and I think it really makes me smarter, particularly with a couple bourbons and cigars while ruminating…

It particularly shows well in the Fall.

8DAD5CC6-1416-4912-A15C-08014971ECCF.jpeg

Impressive, Joe.  Years ago, I thought about trying something like that.  Bought a palette of stone and did many pages of sketches.   The stone became rip rap on a lake bank, and the paper sketches became firestarter.  I envy your ability to carry-on.  The pots?  Ace hardware had some like that.  Wife puts her mums in them every Fall.  I put last years' humus in the compost bin every Spring. when I dump them.  Did I say I am impressed?  Well, I am.😉 

• 2 weeks later...

48 degrees, dark, dreary, and light rain.  Yuck.  Going to think warm thoughts and puff away on a RP Sun Grown Maduro and enjoy the blooming daffodils 🌼 in the garden.  Springs coming!!

0379BA9B-6F3E-4E1B-8FA5-64335F091FD2.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

A Montecristo Classic Churchill and Knob Creek on the front patio as dusk readies to fall shortly, here Down South.

F41027B9-CAB4-46D6-A9C0-D37A704216B2.jpeg

• I like it 2

I wasn’t sure if this pairing would work but it really sings.  And a damn near perfect afternoon in Georgia to boot!

2F53B3EF-6D03-4A29-8ACA-60CB9664C96D.jpeg

Edited by BigRich
  • I like it 3

Black Label Trading Company Maduro. Nice with some George Remus 

IMG_20230309_183434931.jpg

• I like it 2

Rocky Patel Number 6 (in case you couldn’t tell by the billboard sized label…) Robusto, out by the azaleas.  This is my second one of these, and I really am liking them.  Nutty, nice draw, and no harsh notes.  

78EFD18E-D734-4D7B-91F8-28F8389306AE.jpeg

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rocky Fifty-Five and Early Times on a clear cube.  It’s 80 degrees, Sun’s out, and I cut out early.  A mental adjustment was needed today, so I obliged.  

0DC58458-EF9C-4B9F-81E7-C691DEDA9536.jpeg

• I like it 2

Diamond Crown #5 as the Sun goes down after a looooong day of yard work.  Uh, there’s a few bourbons in here, too… LOL!

E29AC77F-BF76-4860-ADCD-3BA4A675CF09.jpeg

• I like it 2

Finally feeling comfortable to sit out under the tall pines, as the wind has been howling strong all day. Flor de las Antillas Robusto as the Sun goes down.  

B422119E-7EFD-4270-A402-EFFECF2CB013.jpeg

• I like it 2

The trees are finally green again here in the South and the evening smoking of meat and tobacco in full swing again! 

18787BD8-7F8F-4146-B75A-7F1EA73D0A26.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These have been my "go-to" as of late.

They're a little overpriced,  for my cheap ass, but they go on sale a lot. 

20230528_181328.jpg

• I like it 1

Fell off the non-smoking wagon AGAIN!  Twenty years clean went South last month.  Bought a new Jeep with the savings over those twenty years.  But, that's another story.

Today, it was a Montecristo White Series 5X52 (Rothschilde/Robusto).  I have three left.

• I like it 1

On 5/18/2023 at 10:21 PM, mbroo5880i said:

So no one rolls their own any more?  🤪

Not since 1974, and that a blunt, not a cigar.😵‍💫  And the paper was a facsimile $1000 bill.  Ah, callow youth, now just a faint memory.

• I like it 1

Thought y’all might like this one. We took a drive a few days ago. This is a little place in Oregon Illinois. 🙂

IMG_2071.thumb.jpeg.a985ce4e582ce45736bf24fc38f41ac2.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...