So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

Friday evening I spent some time with A. Fuente Gran Reserva (Connecticut shade).  Sweet fruit and leather giving way to coffee, with the fruit present throughout.  While lighter than most of my smokes, this is a great cigar at a great price.   

Yesterday I had a Perdomo Champagne robusto.  I enjoy Perdomo's, but this maduro came off a bit bitter on the first 1/3 and I wasn't really digging it until about 1/2 into the smoke when I finally noticed that it (and my palate) had adjusted to a place of better balance.     

Perdomo lot 23 maduro - wasn't expecting much from this, but it's good. Plentiful smoke, cream, spice, sweetened espresso notes, nutty flavor. Very nice. Paired with elijah craig 12, even nicer.

This is my second perdomo. First one was the champagne 10th anniversary, which disappointed. This one's miles ahead.

2a6306af045403dffd05ec54b6238bc4.jpg

ea1b0525226dca973523bd4e1af0557c.jpg

f059a038590145dc61815aba99423a13.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I know that more folks than me smoke cigars.  Whatcha smoking?  2014 Cohiba Siglo IV for me on this beautiful Sunday morning.

IMG_4237.jpg  IMG_4240.jpg

Romeo y Julieta 1875 Belicoso along with a nice pour of RR 10yr. Nothing overly exciting, but both are good quality, middle of the road picks that never disappoint me.

18 minutes ago, Vosgar said:

Romeo y Julieta 1875 Belicoso along with a nice pour of RR 10yr. Nothing overly exciting, but both are good quality, middle of the road picks that never disappoint me.

Nothing wrong with that combo!

Time for weekly reflection on the front porch swing with an Oliva Serie G Torpedo and a rather large pour of A GBS KCSB.  The Serie G  has been a big go-to for me for some time.  As for tonight , this Oliva/KCSB pairing is gettin' my mind right, and my reflection time has led to the conclusion that my FUs of the week were outnumbered by my Dun Goods...(yay me...)

Had to delay my cigar to celebrate the Cubs victory in the 2016 World Series due to wife being in the hospital.  She's home now and the Cubs are World Series champs.  2011 Cohiba Behike 52

IMG_4245.jpgIMG_4248.jpg

IMG_4251.jpgIMG_4254.jpg

Out by the fire settling in with a Blanton's and My Father LE Bijou 1922, and LSU/Alabama on the radio.

image.jpg

That is a very nice glass @smokinjoe.  Wish there was a bourbon society here in Eastern Tennessee.  Where do you guys meet and how often.

• 3 weeks later...

Ashton Symmetry with Journeynman  Featherbone.  Both gifts and delightful on a cold afternoon. Should have made a fire in the fireplace, what was I thinking?!?

IMG_1385.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Last of the Blenheim Wheat with a 2013 Cohiba Esplendidos......wonderful combo for Christmas Eve.

IMG_4525.jpg  IMG_4533.jpg

IMG_4539.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Oliva Serie V Melanio out by the outdoor fireplace tonight.  Great smoke.  

image.jpg

Last I did a bit of drinking and smoking with the neighbors. Drew Estates Esteli Herrera and a Man o War Armada were my sticks for the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Cohiba Siglo VI...second best cigar on the planet IMHO with a little Old Rip 10.

IMG_4736.jpg  IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

On 1/19/2017 at 6:38 PM, Tennessee Dave said:

2013 Cohiba Siglo VI...second best cigar on the planet IMHO with a little Old Rip 10.

IMG_4736.jpg  IMG_4739.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

It's amazing what that larger ring gauge is like compared to a 3 or even a 4 isn't it? 

44 minutes ago, Hop said:

It's amazing what that larger ring gauge is like compared to a 3 or even a 4 isn't it? 

Yes it is.  Just outstanding flavor development throughout this smoke.  I do enjoy the Siglo IV but the VI is really something special. For my tastes it is only surpassed by the Espendidos and at times equaled by the Partagas Lusitania.