So, whatcha smokin?

smokinjoe

AF Don Carlos #3 tonight after the girls went upstairs. Much better than the Glenfiddich that it is paired with.

• I like it 1

I’ve seen some good sticks and some good advice in here. I bought a Oktoberfest sampler from Jr Cigars and having a Perdomo craft series beer cigar. There was some construction issues but I’m really liking this cigar, while waiting for the coals to grill some meat. I’m actually really digging any of the Perdomo stuff.

IMG_5422.thumb.JPG.303dce2c64840aadcc5233e5980be7fa.JPG

IMG_5423.thumb.JPG.1335f6433c3e7e679159c7a24616915d.JPG

Just got back from a 2 week hunting trip in Canada.  Pretty intense schedule but relaxed each day with a sip of bourbon and a cigar.  Took a variety of sticks with me, dominated by CAO, as I'd recently found several I really liked.

CAO Brasilia, Flathead 660, Nicaragua were all good.  Didnt care for the MX2.  Also liked the DE Undercrown, both Sun and Shade.  Diesel Whiskey Row (RabbitHole) was enjoyable, too.

MF-The Judge was probably the favorite of the trip.

Getting ready for a trip to Napa for the wife's bank.  I understand one of the customers travels with his humidor, so hopefully will have some more reports.  Hope they dont mind if I bring a bottle of bourbon...

• I like it 1

@gurgalunas nice lineup. I’d love to get my hands on a my father judge, have a My Father Oferta on it’s a way. I’ve also like the DE Undergrown but I feel a little pricey for me. The CAO have been great, really like the Brasil, Italia and Americana.

I’m having a Cain Habano 550 tonight. Very well constructed, maybe too firm and definitely full bodied, probably to full bodied most nights. I got these for $65for a box of 24 so cant really complain. I was craving that spice this evening and it’s pairing great with some spicy 2010 WT 8yr export.

IMG_5460.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody order anything special with the Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals?  I bought boxes of CAO Brasilia (20), My Father the Judge (23),  Herrera Esteli Norteno (10), and Herrera Rsteli Miami (10).  There were some freebies thrown in too...

@gurgalunas I saw and picked up a deal on the Miami and am tempted by the deal on the Norteno but will probably pass. Curious if you have a place for good deals on the My Judge cigar?

7 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

@gurgalunas I saw and picked up a deal on the Miami and am tempted by the deal on the Norteno but will probably pass. Curious if you have a place for good deals on the My Judge cigar?

SeriousCigars.com had a 25% off and free shipping sitewide deal.  Not sure if it's still on, but used CYBER25 code.  Got the box of MF the Judge for $8.36/stick.  Gran Robusto.

SeriousCigars.com had a 25% off and free shipping sitewide deal.  Not sure if it's still on, but used CYBER25 code.  Got the box of MF the Judge for $8.36/stick.  Gran Robusto.

Ok cool yeah same deal at JR.

5 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

Ok cool yeah same deal at JR.

I couldn't get JR discount code to work on MF boxes.  They had some exclusions to their sale, or at least I couldnt get the checkout to work.  

I couldn't get JR discount code to work on MF boxes.  They had some exclusions to their sale, or at least I couldnt get the checkout to work.  

That stinks, did you get the $30 Norteno deal they have going?

6 hours ago, HoustonNit said:

That stinks, did you get the $30 Norteno deal they have going?

Yep

Yesterday...

20181202_131758.thumb.jpg.0d8392c72898e83bf74699bcbe79b3cc.jpg

Today...

20181203_134200.thumb.jpg.a7340b06243bf1502e803de18e5d20aa.jpg

Getting a little work done outdoors.  Really liked the MF Le Bijou 1922, but I tend to like most MF cigars.

• I like it 1

My Father makes some good sticks. La Gran Oferta is right in my wheelhouse. Would prefer a slightly bigger gauge but not complaining. The rye is pairing nicely as well. This is my third barrel selection of this and probably my favorite.

IMG_5796.JPG

Pulled SD cards from trail cams today, and enjoyed my current favorite...  MF The Judge Gran Robusto 5x6020181205_115439.thumb.jpg.5d6f0a0e4598275991aed7a2d86a9e30.jpg

• I like it 1