What Rye Are You Drinking? Winter '12/'13

callmeox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Funny, but I actually saw where someone on Etsy was selling this exact one that they had turned into several different necklaces. Not expensive at all. Humor the lady!

Had a pour of CEHT Rye tonight. This is not a bad rye at all, though I think it needs a bit more age on it (it is rumored to be ~9yo) to round the rough edges and justify the price. As is expected from a high-mashbill rye, there is plenty of peppery spice. I also get some nice dark fruits and a dusting of cinnamon. I think I prefer this to Handy, though the quality/price ratio of both will probably cause me to leave them on the shelf.

Edited by LostBottle

Had a pour of CEHT Rye tonight. This is not a bad rye at all, though I think it needs a bit more age on it (it is rumored to be ~9yo) to round the rough edges and justify the price. As is expected from a high-mashbill rye, there is plenty of peppery spice. I also get some nice dark fruits and a dusting of cinnamon. I think I prefer this to Handy, though the quality/price ratio of both will probably cause me to leave them on the shelf.

I'm convinced that I just don't like young rye, THH and Ceht while nice just don't do it for me.

A stunning pour of Saz18 to kick off the evening.

Edited by ChainWhip

I stopped in at DougDog's last night and we poured what I consider to be two of the best Rye Whiskey's that have ever been bottled.., Doug's Green Label 22yr and the Iron Fist 23yr!

I stopped in at DougDog's last night and we poured what I consider to be two of the best Rye Whiskey's that have ever been bottled.., Doug's Green Label 22yr and the Iron Fist 23yr!
Way to rub it in Bob,more than a little jealous to say the least!:grin:

Started with some Wild Turkey 101 that a fellow SBer help me procure (Thanks!) then finished with some Vintage 23. It was a good Rye night.

Both are so good it's a shame they are so hard to find.

Last night felt like a rye night. I started with a couple ounces of Rittenhouse BIB followed by a couple more of Sazarac.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!