Sazerac 18 Year Rye - Prototype Barrel Proof

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally, what I really want to know is if there are any plans to make this a real product offering?

Highly doubtful unless they have too much stock at some point in the future. The Saz 18 is flying off the shelves at its current proof and pricepoint.

A few of questions I have:

Is this the tanked Saz18 @ a higher proof (same as current BTAC) or is it new rye that BT has been sitting on for the past 18yrs?

If the latter, is it just older BabySaz/THH or something else?

Finally, what I really want to know is if there are any plans to make this a real product offering?

It isn't anything new. It's just a whiskey writer drinking from a bottle he has had for a long time.

It isn't anything new. It's just a whiskey writer drinking from a bottle he has had for a long time.
Edited by Smithford

Probably the one they were talking about here and here.

Great recon and how we would all love to have a pour of this from better than a decade ago!:shocked:

Great recon and how we would all love to have a pour of this from better than a decade ago!:shocked:

Reading old posts here often makes me wish I had a time machine.

I can't wait for the chill filtered 90 proof version of this!

:hot:

:toast: Good one!

I can't wait for the chill filtered 90 proof version of this!

Very funny! And sorry to confuse, but this was what was to become Sazerac 18 yr. 90 proof. I think I got it in 1999 at the WhiskyFest New York event. Would be nice to see a legitimate Sazerac 18 yr. Barrel Proof.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.