Kentucky Bourbon Whiskey: An American Heritage

bourbonv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I read the book and found it to be very interesting. It is well organized, clearly written, informative, and concise. Once I started reading, i couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading about the impact of whiskey and bourbon during various events in US history. The book should appeal to bourbon enthusiasts and aficionados.

I read the book and found it to be very interesting. It is well organized, clearly written, informative, and concise. Once I started reading, i couldn't put it down. I enjoyed reading about the impact of whiskey and bourbon during various events in US history. The book should appeal to bourbon enthusiasts and aficionados.

I'm sure Mike would appreciate it if you posted that as a review on Amazon. That goes for everyone else too. Positive consumer reviews on Amazon help sales a lot.

I'm sure Mike would appreciate it if you posted that as a review on Amazon. That goes for everyone else too. Positive consumer reviews on Amazon help sales a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion. My review has been posted on Amazon.

Got my copy today from AMZN. I shall dig in to it this evening and will definitely post a review.

Got my copy today from AMZN. I shall dig in to it this evening and will definitely post a review.

Ditto and ditto. Looking forward to reading this one Mike! Cheers!

I was thinking of getting the kindle edition. Are there photo's or images in the hard copy that would make it a preferable purchase?

I was thinking of getting the kindle edition. Are there photo's or images in the hard copy that would make it a preferable purchase?

Am I the only one that read this book? Surely others have read it. I am interested in your opinion.

I'm not very far along yet, but looking forward to finishing it over the next week. I'll definitely post a review on Amazon as well!

My short review is on the back cover. In addition. I think it's beautifully written and clear, and rigorous in its scholarship. If you're interested in a historical overview of the American whiskey industry, this is the essential and definitive book.

Thanks Chuck for the kind words. I do hope everyone enjoys the book.

Mike Veach

I read the book and think it is a very good read. I like how the writing is accessible, concise, and thoughtfully organized. It also has an excellent bibliography to get into some other books/articles on bourbon.

Well done, Mike. I appreciate how thoroughly you debunked a lot of the myths associated with bourbon's early history and that you're comfortable saying there is no definite answer right now for a lot of the questions. I like the intrigue more than others' confidence in myths.

Bought the Kindle edition of the book on Saturday and finished it last night (Tuesday). A very easy and informative read, the pictures contained displayed very well on my android tablet. I particularly liked (and learned from) the discussions about rectifiers and the promulgation of the Bottled-in-Bond Act of 1897 and the Pure Food and Drug Act of 1906. A book every bourbon lover should have in his library.

Very well done, Mike! I posted a review on Amazon as well. Having read both Chuck's and Bernie's books in the last 6 months, my wife wondered how I could be reading ANOTHER book on bourbon - but I think you've done a great job of giving us a concise history of bourbon, and how it impacted the history of the country as well!

Thank you again for the kind words. No questions about anything in the book?

Mike Veach

The Lavian press has inquired for translation rights, but the Germans have not yet inquired.

Thank you again for the kind words. No questions about anything in the book?

Mike Veach

Mike, what is the bourbon pictured on the cover of the book?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.