Your Next Bourbon Purchase

RT Fan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

If they're the same price buy one this month and the other next month. ELT is a little sweeter, richer, and Blanton's is dryer and a touch more refined. Both are good in their own way and you should have the chance to enjoy both. Which one first is the only real choice.

Edited by squire

If they're the same price buy one this month and the other next month. ELT is a little sweeter, richer, and Blanton's is dryer and a touch more refined. Both are good in their own way and you should have the chance to enjoy both. Which one first is the only real choice.

They will both be tried, in time. I can assure everyone of that! Price-wise, the ETL is $15-$20 cheaper per bottle - I've seen it everywhere from $26-$30 per bottle. Blanton's has been $45-$47.

Ah Squire, but there IS no price difference here! ($34 each) Come to Honolulu and drink Blanton's on the cheap.

Edited by MauiSon

I'm on my third bottle. It's sweet, chewy, smoky, and woody. All in a very good way. I only wish it were barrel proof instead of 100 proof. All in all, a very nice pour. You won't be disappointed

Thanks for the notes. I'll definitely be grabbing a bottle tonight after work.

Maui I'm still trying to calculate how much Bourbon I'll have to drink for the savings to cover the cost of a plane ticket.

The price difference is packaging, no difference in quality.

Cool, thanks for the input. Still obviously very 'new' to the serious side of this, so now I can grab a bottle of ETL and not feel like I'm settling.

Ok, I know I said it was going to be 4RSmB regular version. but I ended up with another JPS 18.

Best regards, Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Hoping to grab a Balcones Single Malt soon.

Is that the "one" to grab, as in have you tried the other Balcone products? Shop in Louisville has 3 of their choices on the shelf now...and i came really close to pulling trigger on the Baby Blue variety.

I have yet to see any of the PHC in the wild in Louisiana, so that is always high on my radar.

My local beer and wine shop is a cool little place with over 400+ different beers and about a thousand different wines--all of which are reasonably priced and can be consumed on premises. The liquor is another story--his stuff is terribly overpriced. He has told me that his prices are negotiable. Anyway, he has a lone bottle of OFBB that I have been wanting for a while. However, his price is $54. I am thinking about offering him $50 and see what he says. That is still more than I want to pay, but is probably my only chance to get a bottle of that.

For that price you could drive down and get a bottle at Dorignacs on Vets and a few other bargains as well.

Maybe, but TPS has the Birthday Bourbon listed at $45 (out of stock), so I didn't think $50 would be too over the top. How much do you see it for in your neck of the woods?

Maybe, but TPS has the Birthday Bourbon listed at $45 (out of stock), so I didn't think $50 would be too over the top. How much do you see it for in your neck of the woods?

It's $50 here in Utah where everything is pretty much MSRP. $50 is a reasonable price but I'd have a bottle by now if I could pay Squire's price.

The OFBB's don't seem to move very quickly around here either. Was at a store a few months back that had plenty of the 08-11's with a nice layer of dust on them. One of my regular spots in NYC has a bunch of the 2012's at $45. I may pick one up eventually but there's a few others ahead of it on my next to buy list.

The OFBB's don't seem to move very quickly around here either. Was at a store a few months back that had plenty of the 08-11's with a nice layer of dust on them. One of my regular spots in NYC has a bunch of the 2012's at $45. I may pick one up eventually but there's a few others ahead of it on my next to buy list.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.