Balcones: Next stop, world domination?

timd
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I mean, we had a guy in Chicago trying to buy a ticket from us long after they were sold out. He wanted to get one so he could fly from IL and come to Waco. I don't think anyone could have hardly expected someone to fly 5 states away to buy a bottle of whisky, but apparently some are willing.

Wasn't picking on you guys for the tech hiccups...those happen to the best. Was more a comment on a flat level playing field. Social media and mailing lists shorten the link between the brand and the consumer, but they shorten it for the loyal and random equally at times. On the one hand, a new customer may eventually turn into a long term one. On the other if you burn your current fans too many times they move on.

The limited products you're selling during the event are $70-95 if memory serves. So they're in the luxury market whether you meant to position them that way or not. Folks who can drop $95 on a bottle of booze and have the bragging rights of their group of friends wouldn't sneeze at an airline ticket.

Change of pace. Having some True Blue with egg nog and pumpkin pie. Delicious!

Just tell me it's not all in one glass? ;)

Just tell me it's not all in one glass? ;)

My friend made me try a Redd's apple ale the other day. So I took this fancy instagram picture with the Redd's can, two tuliped tasting glasses with the ale in it, along with a couple apples, some dried roses and a bottle of ORVW10/107 and a bottle of Stagg in the background.

My friend's (KeithB on here) comment was along the lines "I am just going to assume you mixed all of those ingredients" lol

Technically since you STILL don't have anyone to give the ticket to, you violated the "one per person" rule.
Attached are the rules that you published. I fully understand that I can't use both tickets at event to buy more than the 2 bottles, but just by buying an extra ticket, I have not violated any rule (except when you seem to be making up new rules on the fly). You set up a system that allowed one to buy more than 1 ticket. If you are going to pick on me, why don't you also invalidate everybody else that bought more than 1 ticket?

post-334-14489820010447_thumb.jpg

The back story is that I meant to buy 1 ticket. The service they used for ticket sales Eventbrite is not very user friendly. I accidentally got 2 tickets in my basket and there was no option to remove 1. Tickets were on timer and transaction had to be completed in 15 minutes. If I waited, both would be gone, so I purchased both. I posted the ticket for sale here and on Facebook and I never asked more than face value. If Balcones would have approached me and asked in polite manner about returning the extra ticket, I would have. But since they basically demanded that I do so and do so immediately, I felt singled out and refused.

Yes I have been critical of some of Balcones business practices, but I have never said anything negative about their product. I've a been a fan and supporter for a long time of the product. I bought a ticket because I wanted an opportunity to purchase one of these limited release products. I think I was singled out because of my past criticism and they don't want me there. Based on the interaction I've had with them on this, the feeling is mutual.

Edited by wadewood

Very poor form shown by the rep in this bloviating self-promotional thread.

Edited by LostBottle

He's shown poor form in other forums before too. I'm not a fan of the few products I've tried from Balcones, and his behavior in this matter has definitely created a further negative association in my mind.

I mean, we had a guy in Chicago trying to buy a ticket from us long after they were sold out. He wanted to get one so he could fly from IL and come to Waco. I don't think anyone could have hardly expected someone to fly 5 states away to buy a bottle of whisky, but apparently some are willing.

Is there any chance that this guy paid 270 bucks for a bottle of ETL 90th birthday when it came out?

Just curious.

Is there any chance that this guy paid 270 bucks for a bottle of ETL 90th birthday when it came out?

Just curious.

My family did some Rusty nails with Balcones TX 1 Single Malt - and it holds up very well to the Drambuie, doesn't get overshadowed at all, and while it changes the vibe of the drink in general, it's still quite delicious.

Same goes for The Single Malt in Eggnog - gotta say, this one wowed me. I loved it. We also tried OGD114, Russel's Reserve Rye, and Knob Creek - and while the OGD114 was damn good, I preferred the TX1 blend - again, the stronger, more unique flavor profile of the Balcones really held up well to the eggnog, and the already existing cinnamon & vanilla flavors of the Malt added a lot to the experience.

Despite my current feelings about Balcones, I still could not leave this one sitting on the shelf.

post-334-14489820016568_thumb.jpg

Despite my current feelings about Balcones, I still could not leave this one sitting on the shelf.

Shocking it was still sitting given how few they released. Store mustn't have know what it had.

I'm really bummed that I missed out on the Balcones Event today. I live too far north of Dallas to have ventured out today. If I could've made it to Plano, then I could've joined my buddies for the trip to Waco. I was really hoping for a bottle of Brimstone Resurrection, but it just wasn't meant to happen. I hope others were successful with the journey to the end of the rainbow.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.