Dickel Rye Not Delayed

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I forget now where I saw somebody post that they heard the launch of Dickel Rye was being delayed. I checked. According to the folks at Dickel, George Dickel Rye has already been distributed nationwide and is readily available in market. So no truth to that rumor.

It is even in Georgia which is usually at least a month behind the places that tend to see things land first.

It's MGPI rye, but the charcoal filtering changes it. Not bad. Worth $20. Somebody posted something about hearing it was delayed, but I can't recall who or where.

It's MGPI rye, but the charcoal filtering changes it. Not bad. Worth $20. Somebody posted something about hearing it was delayed, but I can't recall who or where.

$26.99 at Binny's not including all our local taxes. Old Medley 12 year has arrived there too...$49.99 at 86.8 proof. Along with even more new micros or Potemkins (Belle Meade, Brecklen, Waitsburg, Headframe Spirits/Neversweat). Makes that $13.99 Barton BIB I walked out with, taste that much better.

Suggest retail is $24.99. I guess Binny's doesn't take suggestions. That's what happens when you've bought out all of the competition.

I saw it on the shelves here in Iowa. Usually we are far from the first to get something new.

We actually got something that is new? Someone at the liquor control division obviously needs to be fired.

It's $20 out here. Here's a review: http://recenteats.blogspot.com/2013/01/dickel-rye.html

Bottom line: Pretty similar to Bulleit, not surprisingly, making me wonder if it's the exact same stuff run through the sugar-maple. In a head to head I actually liked Bulleit better as the Dickel had a strong pickle juice nose and a little too bold mint on the finish. The Bulleit was more balanced.

We actually got something that is new? Someone at the liquor control division obviously needs to be fired.

Not to worry, if it doesn't sell as well as watermelon whipped cream flavored vodka it will quickly be pulled.

It showed up at Martignetti Liquors on Soldiers Field Road in Boston last week; I can't remember the price on the shelf tag.

Not to worry, if it doesn't sell as well as watermelon whipped cream flavored vodka it will quickly be pulled.

Ah, the watermelon whipped cream flavored vodka...Troyce's favorite!!! :D

Ah, the watermelon whipped cream flavored vodka...Troyce's favorite!!! :D

You gonna take that Jimmy?

Joe :usflag:

Suggest retail is $24.99. I guess Binny's doesn't take suggestions. That's what happens when you've bought out all of the competition.

$21-22 here in No. KY. At that price, a good value.

Are they aging this stuff in full-sized barrels, or little (say, 10 or 15 gallon) ones? You'll often get a "green," "pine needle," or "even "minty/wintergreen" note out of whiskeys aged faster in small barrels.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.