Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have not only seen it but have owned it since a couple weeks before Bourbon festival this year and it was considerably more that $39. It's 128.9 proof, or at least my bottle is. 12 year to be sure. If anyone can tell me how to post a picture I will.

Your bottle is from the gift shop, correct? I have a feeling that the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof about to be rolled out nationally will be different, though I hope it isn't.

Yes, straight from the source (gift shop). We were sworn to secrecy as it hadn't been released yet but I assume since all of you know it's OK. How do you post a picture.

The gift shop bottle has been around for about a year. If they swore you to secrecy it was a tour guide's theatrics.

Edited by HighInTheMtns

We got it about a week prior to release and it wasn't a tour. And to be honest it was only about three days prior so it wasn't that big of a deal. Just had to promise not to mention until the following Monday. If you know someone and they are willing to help, accept it. i will take any edge I can get. It was introduced at last yearsBourbon festival. At the end of the day I got two bottles and am glad I still have 1.

How do you post a picture?

Third button from the right.

My whiskey monger confirmed that this will be 12 years old and should hit the shelves in the next couple weeks. For $40 I will definitely be getting a bottle.

post-5-14489818691003_thumb.jpgI just got the press release. It is the 12-year-old, not the 18, in the standard bottle with a special label. It's barrel proof and non-chill filtered. Since the proof of each dump will be different, the proof will be handwritten. As you can see, there doesn't appear to be an age statement on the label. I have inquired. As I said to them, we don’t like it when the age statement is only in the press release.

The HH press release says 12. Not sure if it will actually be on the label though. Other details: non-chill filtered and 134.2 proof.

Is this going to be a standard offering in their line-up from here on out or one of those limited edition productions?

Is this going to be a standard offering in their line-up from here on out or one of those limited edition productions?

Limited edition.

The HH press release says 12. Not sure if it will actually be on the label though. Other details: non-chill filtered and 134.2 proof.

If it ain't on the label, I don't care what the press release says. It's a NAS, and we shouldn't call it EC12BP, but rather ECBP. (But then again I also wonder why people call Baby Saz a 6yr.)

Don't get me wrong, I'll buy a bottle, as I like EC, but let's keep them honest.

I can hear the sales reps now, "It's really a 12 year old, see, says so right here".

Good news. I am assured by the Heaven Hill folks that it does have an age statement on the label, it's just been moved to the back label to make room for "Barrel Proof" on the front. It's not NAS but it is a limited edition, so act fast. They'll start shipping toward the end of next week or early the following week, then it will take some time to move from the distributors into the stores, but stores should have it by the end of the month. It's being rolled out at the same time everywhere.

Edited by cowdery

Good news. I am assured by the Heaven Hill folks that it does have an age statement on the label, it's just been moved to the back label to make room for "Barrel Proof" on the front. It's not NAS but it is a limited edition, so act fast. They'll start shipping toward the end of next week or early the following week, then it will take some time to move from the distributors into the stores, but stores should have it by the end of the month. It's being rolled out at the same time everywhere.

Thanks for the info guys. I know we originally learned about this due to it showing up in the inventory of a state liquor sales catalog at $40. But according to the link below, it retails for $75 at the gift shop. Any idea from the press release on MSRP? given that it is a new limited edition release, it makes me wonder whether retailers will give the typical "limited edition tax/price bump" or if most will sell it for the suggested amount.

http://spiritedexchange.org/2012/08/22/elijah-craig-12-year-old-barrel-strength/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.