Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm thinking we may not see it at all in Hawaii. I will try and bunker some on the mainland - if it sticks around long enough for my procurement minions to react. ;) On the other hand, Heaven Hill will really see higher profit on this than the standard EC12, so if it sells well they'll probably keep it comin'.

Edited by MauiSon

i'll be looking out for this as well, hopefully i'll be able to find it at my local spots.

We were in KY over the weekend and didn't see it anywhere. Hopefully, it will start popping up soon.

I had what appears to be the gift shop version (didn't have new label) this past weekend and really enjoyed it... I'm looking forward to picking up a few bottles of this once its available.

Is the release of the barrel proof the reason I can't find EC12 on the shelf at any of the stores I go to in Ohio?

Seen this juice at the HH distillery gift shop the other day, but passed on it for $75. Too bad because i really wanted to try it-I f'n love HH whiskey!!!

I've been on the lookout for this stuff too. Was planning on stopping by one of my regular stores on my way home from work to inquire if they know when they'll get some. I had the EC18 year at a bar this weekend and thought it was very good. I'm really looking forward to trying the barrel proof 12 year.

Hi guys, I own a liquor store in Elizabethtown, KY. I have been lurking here for quite some time and finally decided to join and add some insight.

I would not expect to see cases and cases of this stuff in every store. I have been bugging my HH rep about this release for some time after trying the gift shop version. They had a meeting about this last week. He said stock and placement will be similar to the Parkers Heritage line. Your mileage in other states may vary but around here the Parkers flies off the shelf (if it even makes it to the shelf).

3 pack cases is the first clue and the fact that HH has a rough time keeping up with demand of regular EC12 was the second. If they had a ton of it, they would sell it in 6 or 12 packs.

I hope this is the not the case but the info from this rep has been very good in the past.

Welcome aboard P&M, thanks for the insight. Drop by the chat room sometime and visit with us. The chat icon is located on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

Hi guys, I own a liquor store in Elizabethtown, KY. I have been lurking here for quite some time and finally decided to join and add some insight.

I would not expect to see cases and cases of this stuff in every store. I have been bugging my HH rep about this release for some time after trying the gift shop version. They had a meeting about this last week. He said stock and placement will be similar to the Parkers Heritage line. Your mileage in other states may vary but around here the Parkers flies off the shelf (if it even makes it to the shelf).

3 pack cases is the first clue and the fact that HH has a rough time keeping up with demand of regular EC12 was the second. If they had a ton of it, they would sell it in 6 or 12 packs.

I hope this is the not the case but the info from this rep has been very good in the past.

Welcome aboard P&M, thanks for the insight. Drop by the chat room sometime and visit with us. The chat icon is located on the lower left hand corner of your screen.

What he said. Thanks for the information Eric! Hope you'll be able to make the short drive over to Bardstown when Sampler weekend comes around.

Had no problem finding PHC on shelves here last go around, so I'll take similar luck with this release. Thanks for the info!

The proof, the price, the profile... Being a regular EC12 drinker it all sounds good to be true. But if the juice proves legit, I'll be shopping for cases.

This should be into distribution in kentucky next week. I just got one case (3 pack) today. Look for it to be about $45.

Sweet! I heard next week as well. Also heard VERY limited. Wonder if anyone here did get it today...

I have been making inquiries over the past week that will hopefully pay off. Should this thread be relocated to the Premium/Specialty Bourbon section now that we're discussing specific places it will be available?

Sweet! I heard next week as well. Also heard VERY limited. Wonder if anyone here did get it today...

If they get a friday SWS delivery then they should have them.

134.2 proof with no age statement on bottle. Shelf Talker in box does refer to it being 12 years old but absolutely no mention on bottle.

Mods, wondering if we could potentially move this thread to the premium bottlings section to keep the lurkers uninformed about it, please?

I think I already know the answer, but any chance any of this makes it into VA? I'm not a huge EC12 fan, but I'm sucker for any barrel proof and especially at that price. Plus, I'm really curious how "unadulterated" EC12 tastes.

I think I already know the answer, but any chance any of this makes it into VA? I'm not a huge EC12 fan, but I'm sucker for any barrel proof and especially at that price. Plus, I'm really curious how "unadulterated" EC12 tastes.

i haven't seen it on the VA ABC's pricing list yet but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. I hope stores do get it but only time will tell.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.