Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have my local store owner keeping an eye out for it. He's pretty good at finding the "hard to find" ones.

There is now a post in the "what did you buy today" thread that states this has been found (I assume in the wild, but I hate assumptions).

There is now a post in the "what did you buy today" thread that states this has been found (I assume in the wild, but I hate assumptions).

Came and pretty much gone in No KY.... allocations are very tight (more so than, say, PHC)

Bummer. I hope we get some out here...called the BIG store to check again, and they had not heard of it (again.)

Apparently has not hit Central KY yet. Apparently. At least that's what I'm being told. It is a little troubling that W and N KY has come and gone however. May never hit the shelves, who knows.

I have been told twice now that it will more than likely be on premise only here. I really hope not, but that's what I have heard. If they decide to do Elijah Craig as on premise I won't be surprised to see PVW follow suit in the fall. Then what? I really hope this isn't a new trend.

That could well be the strategy, as a rising tide raises all boats this could be the harbinger of higher profile/prices for the Craig brand.

I have been told twice now that it will more than likely be on premise only here. I really hope not, but that's what I have heard. If they decide to do Elijah Craig as on premise I won't be surprised to see PVW follow suit in the fall. Then what? I really hope this isn't a new trend.

That is already the case with pvw. Not sure on numbers but I bet the majority now goes to on premise. I know a number of bars/restaurants in Louisville have a constant supply of pvw.

Welcome to the world of high end fine wine where 200 cases of a wine are made and 185 go to restaurants.

i'll be looking out for this as well, hopefully i'll be able to find it at my local spots.

Talked to the Heaven Hill Rep, I think he said April for Chicago. Didn't have a sample though :(

That will be interesting to see. It seems with the Bourbon Boom a lot of Bourbon focused bar/restaurants have opened, and their small allocation of pappy went dry really quick, so these new fancy places made distributor reps lives pretty difficult. All the while experienced hoarders like us still continue to pour as we have been into bourbon long before the pappy trend.

I think TPS had some in, but now doesn't (or has decided not to offer online). The reason - I started typing in Elijah Craig and 'Elijah Craig Barrel Proof' was one of the completion choices earlier. Now, it isn't. It reminds me of their fast delisting of FRSmBLE 2012. Easy come, easy go.

Edited by MauiSon

I think TPS had some in, but now doesn't (or has decided not to offer online). The reason - I started typing in Elijah Craig and 'Elijah Craig Barrel Proof' was one of the completion choices earlier. Now, it isn't. It reminds me of their fast delisting of FRSmBLE 2012. Easy come, easy go.

Yes, I saw the same thing yesterday. Would be interesting to know if they pulled it, it sold out or perhaps the listing was premature and it is still on the way (trying to be optimistic...)

I was just at my local Hy-Vee and there were several EC Barrel Proof just sitting there on the shelf.

This place really does have quite the selection.

eagerly waiting. checked a few spots that were on my way home from work, on a whim, yesterday knowing that it's probably not out this way yet. goose eggs.

K your local has 4R SBLE and Craig BP, all just sitting there? Time to move on them my man.

I was just at my local Hy-Vee and there were several EC Barrel Proof just sitting there on the shelf.

This place really does have quite the selection.

Dude, Hy-Vee is awesome. In Columbia, Missouri, they have both the best selection AND the best prices in town. Unlike other local grocery stores, Hy-Vee basically has a complete, well-stocked, and expertly curated liquor store attached to it - rather than just a lazy afterthought liquor aisle. (Insert logo and slogan here.) PLUS, the whiskey sharks often don't deign to check there, so you can often have a while to think about each purchase of very reasonably priced good stuff.

Are they nationwide, or are they local / Midwest?

It says online they are in 8 Midwestern states.... the separate liquor store section is where all the goodies are...

K your local has 4R SBLE and Craig BP, all just sitting there? Time to move on them my man.

Well..since I'm a newly retired railroader, and its the end of the month... might have to wait until the 1st. This getting $$ once a month takes some getting used to!

The 4R SBLE is dated 2011.

Edited by Kafka45

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.