Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

i've been in suburban chicago spending time with family for easter and the spots i've visited today have been sold out and/or have been already spoken for. having a feeling i'm not going to catch any luck picking this up if bottles are leaving this fast.

Marc ask nicely and binnys will go through the system. I think there maybe more at the distributor so next week the shelves could get replenished if they just hit the distro friday.

I think that this is the darkest bourbon that I have ever poured.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm enjoying this quite a bit, even more than the bottle of Parker's Heritage 12 I just finished.

just found a bottle in the wild in michigan it looks to be almost black in color will be drinking tonight after the game and i will post my notes

just found a bottle in the wild in michigan it looks to be almost black in color will be drinking tonight after the game and i will post my notes

yeah i love that it looks like coca cola in that bottle

Has anyone seen this in the northeast yet? Been looking at all the posts from people and it seems to mostly be in the midwest only so far

Any Atlanta/Georgia folks spotted on in the wild yet?

For what its worth I asked at a small shop I visit on occasion today, owner/manager called his salesman and put on speaker, said it was coming he didn't know when but should be sometime in the next 2 weeks, and told the store owner it was "allocated" and he probably wouldn't be getting any. I don't think the owner was too happy about me hearing the last bit, but always good to know where this store stands in the distributors pecking order.

Any Atlanta/Georgia folks spotted on in the wild yet?

For what its worth I asked at a small shop I visit on occasion today, owner/manager called his salesman and put on speaker, said it was coming he didn't know when but should be sometime in the next 2 weeks, and told the store owner it was "allocated" and he probably wouldn't be getting any. I don't think the owner was too happy about me hearing the last bit, but always good to know where this store stands in the distributors pecking order.

Well, 19 pages so far in this thread. Hope the folks at Heaven Hill are listening, maybe they will surprise us with some additional supply.

Do we know for sure that there was only going to be one dump of this? Or is there a chance that there will be two or three like the PHC?

The EC12 is ongoing so presumably they have a supply of whisky that meets the profile.

Haven't seen it yet and I have been asking. I have been hearing the "highly allocated" story since I first told the stores I shop that it was coming. I have put about as much effort into getting one as I want to. I will believe I am going to get one when I have it in my hands!

Feeling about the same, though all new and exciting to me. My feelers are out and couple stores have my info. I'll check again in a week or two, don't want them to think they're getting in something that they need to up the price on.

Unfortunately, I have already experienced stores in Michigan gouging on this product asking as much as $79.99 /bottle.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Not that Id pay that but at least youve seen it.

Ive been looking since the weekend and have since came up short. Id pretty much given up but it seems there may still be hope of finding some in Michigan?

Scored a bottle at lunch that was being held for me. Awesome price to boot! $35.99

I'm looking forward to sampling this one tonight.

Scored two today, finally! Many thanks to SB member DEK who called the store for me and had them held up front. Initial taste is as I remember from the Bourbon Classic: big, heavy on the wood notes, vanilla and spice opening up with air and a little water.

I was lucky enough to find one when I stopped in my local liquor store to see if they had anything interesting.

So has anyone had it? Is it worth chasing? I'm running out of places to check but I can expand the search a bit.

Got to love a good liquor store owner.

I walked into the store today and he had set aside a bottle for me (out of his allotment of 3), without me even asking...

Still haven't seen it anywhere in NYC. I've asked in at least a dozen stores and only 2 of them even knew that the product was coming out, so I left my name with them but I still call to check up a couple times a week to make sure they don't forget about me. There is a large whisky tasting even tonight in NYC and there will be an Elijah Craig rep there. I'm hoping they have the Barrel proof so I can at least try it tonight. Maybe the rep will also know when it will start to trickle into the city.

saw it come and go last week/weekend. the ones i saw were behind counters already spoken for.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.