Elijah Craig Barrel Proof

HighInTheMtns
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 7/19/2018 at 10:51 PM, Adam777 said:

I just broke open the “B” batch 2018 and again it didn’t disappoint. Similar to C917 as it is a caramel bomb. Not as much oak comes through like A118. Doesn’t feel like 133.4 and is another solid ECBP.

image.jpg

Found the Batch B518 at several stores in St. Petersburg, Sarasota, and Naples.  One bottle was scarfed up in 2 nights by Florida Swimming officials, one bottle was given to a good friend and one bottle came home in my checked luggage for the bunker.  Great bourbon is meant to shared with good friends, no?

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Found the Batch B518 at several stores in St. Petersburg, Sarasota, and Naples.  One bottle was scarfed up in 2 nights by Florida Swimming officials, one bottle was given to a good friend and one bottle came home in my checked luggage for the bunker.  Great bourbon is meant to shared with good friends, no?

Absolutely it should be shared with good friends and good family!

• I like it 1

• 3 months later...

How is batch C for 2018? I saw a couple bottles but didn't pull the trigger.

Edited by Stump1998

2 hours ago, Stump1998 said:

How is batch C for 2018? I saw a couple bottles but didn't pull the trigger.

To my palate, it's the best of the 2018's. A caramel bomb.

• I like it 1

52 minutes ago, ondarocks said:

Already regretting not getting one of them.

7 hours ago, ondarocks said:

It is good and the best release of the three this year. Is it as good as B517 and win Whiskey of the Year again, no. But I am very happy to have gotten multiples.

• I like it 1

On 11/3/2018 at 12:08 AM, elmossle said:

It is good and the best release of the three this year. Is it as good as B517 and win Whiskey of the Year again, no. But I am very happy to have gotten multiples.

I agree completely - just tried the C918 last weekend and was very impressed - glad I still have a lot of the B517 bunkered but am stocking the C918 as well

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, Hop said:

I agree completely - just tried the C918 last weekend and was very impressed - glad I still have a lot of the B517 bunkered but am stocking the C918 as well

You guys convinced me, went back and picked up 2 bottles. Going to crack one open this weekend for my 16 wedding anniversary.

• I like it 3

This is all good to hear! I haven't really had one that wowed me since the bottle changed but somehow ended up with 4 of the C918's... The C916 is one of my favorite bourbons of all time... Thankfully I still have 5 or 6 of those bunkered... :)

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 11:28 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I would love to find an ECBP but I haven't seen one on the shelf in Indy in a while.

Recently, NJ has been swimming in ECBP. As soon as it sells out, it gets restocked. 

18 minutes ago, KyleCBreese said:

Recently, NJ has been swimming in ECBP. As soon as it sells out, it gets restocked. 

Ironically, I am just sitting down with a nice pour of ECBP B517.  After a long day of yard work, cleaning the garage, and hanging Christmas lights, I wanted something special.  I thought long and hard between this and an older CEHT BP, neither of which was open.

I know most of the larger chains in Indy hold them back for high end customers or lotteries.  Some of the smaller stores just put them out.  But, I find more people fishing in those waters these days.  I have been to the usual stores where I might find a bottle but I haven't seen any in several months.

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

It's been pretty scarce all year here in the Bay Area.  Never saw any of the B batch at all. 

KL got it in a bunch of times, tends to sell out quickly though. But one shipment stayed on the website for days.

On 11/21/2018 at 11:28 PM, mbroo5880i said:

I would love to find an ECBP but I haven't seen one on the shelf in Indy in a while.

That's surprising. I find them all over Evansville, and have seen them near Fort Wayne. So, if you are heading SW or NE look around, you will probably find some.

21 hours ago, jshleffar said:

KL got it in a bunch of times, tends to sell out quickly though. But one shipment stayed on the website for days.

Yeah, I check their web site often but it's usually sold out.  I scored only one bottle from them this year.  Bevmo seemed to have it pretty regularly last year.  This year, not so much.  Total Wine? Forget about it... 

On 11/24/2018 at 2:41 PM, Soberiquet said:

That's surprising. I find them all over Evansville, and have seen them near Fort Wayne. So, if you are heading SW or NE look around, you will probably find some.

This saddens me.  I occasionally see them when I am in Fort Wayne.  They seem surprised when I tell them how hard it is to find in Indy.  Unfortunately, I don't get up to Fort Wayne often and its been years since I have been to Evansville.

On 11/25/2018 at 7:52 PM, mbroo5880i said:

This saddens me.  I occasionally see them when I am in Fort Wayne.  They seem surprised when I tell them how hard it is to find in Indy.  Unfortunately, I don't get up to Fort Wayne often and its been years since I have been to Evansville.

Yeah, well, there aren't many reasons to come down here to Evansville. I have noticed a lot more ECBP around in the last year, so maybe the situation in Indy will improve.

Yup, it really does seem to be all over the place in NJ. I must have passed up 15-20 bottles of ECBP over the past few months. I simply have enough.

On 11/26/2018 at 9:57 PM, jeffrey r said:

I simply have enough.

Enough?  What?!?  Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor???????   ☺️

• I like it 2

The C918 is awesome and unique.  I tasted side by side with C917 and it was funny how different they tasted. Both are great.

• I like it 1

I guess with all the moping and frow browing led to my finally finding a bottle or two or three on the shelf yesterday, and in an unexpected place.  Our local Kroger is having a 30% off sale this weekend (Fri and Sat) so I stopped in yesterday for a little recon in advance.  I normally just stock up on standard bottles like KC, EC, FR, etc.  However, I always look in their locked up case to see what they might have.  Recently, they had EC18 and AE Rye.  Yesterday, like a magnet, my eyes were drawn to a dark corner of the cabinet to a familiar looking bottle partially obscured by the cabinet frame.  The closer I got the more I realized what it was.  Not only that but they had more than one bottle and the price was MSRP or close ($62.99).  

Ah but now the dilemma.  There are some secret bourbon buying scoundrels in my area so if they see these bottles someone might wipe them out before the sale on Friday.  What does a prudent person do?  Well, a bird in hand (at a reasonable price) is better than two in the bush.  So, I picked one up at retail (so I wouldn't miss out) and decided to take my chances another would be available during the sale.  When I went in this morning, I noted the two remaining bottles were still there.  The 30% off price was $44.09.  I looked at both bottles and told the clerk give me one.  There was a guy standing next to me and we started chatting.  He was looking at mid-shelf type stuff.  He wasn't familiar with ECBP so I convinced him to buy the other bottle and give it a try.  I ended up with two so I didn't want to take the last one.  I know others would enjoy finding a bottle as well.

• I like it 5

• 2 weeks later...

It's stacked deep in H'burg.  Crazy how it's flooded in some places and not to be had in others.  

It's stacked deep in H'burg.  Crazy how it's flooded in some places and not to be had in others.  

Yeah, LRP usually has quite a bit it seems. I stopped by about a month ago and was tempted to buy some more, but I already have too many different batches in my storage closet already. I did pick up a few bottles of nice rum though.

Seemingly not much limited or allocated hits the shelves here in NJ anymore, but we sure are knee-deep in ECBP.  I passed up probably 10 more bottles on the shelf the past week or two at $60-$80.  Heck, it's a good situation, and I hope more people are picking it up and giving it a go.  It certainly sits long enough now for random people to have a shot at picking up some bottles just passing through, and not on the prowl like us enthusiasts.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.