RIP: Truman Cox

Barrel_Proof
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Very sad to hear. Never met the man, but he obviously left his mark on many. RIP Mr. Cox. Makes today's choice of pours an easy one.

I couldn't believe this thread's title when I saw it. We had just been emailing back and forth on something last week. A true loss of a fine gentleman. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Truman was 44 and reportedly died of congestive heart failure.

Like someone else said, shocking and horrible news and at the peak of his career, too. He was gone way too soon. RIP.

Truman was 44 and reportedly died of congestive heart failure.

44? Sad news. Prayers to his wife and family. A significant loss to the whiskey community

I met Truman about 18 months ago at an event we were both doing. He was quick to share his knowledge with me and offered his help in any way he could. At Whiskey Fest in NYC, I also met his wife. While we weren't super close, I feel like I lost a friend. He was just "good people".

I'm saddened very much by this. Prayers for his family and for his business.

Holy crap I was just down at the distillery on Friday. He was looking great. He did some great stuff and will definitley be missed!

Truman was a valued member of Straightbourbon.com, sharing his knowledge and enthusiasm with all of us here. When the SB.com community congratulated him on becoming Master Distiller at A. Smith Bowman, etohchem (his handle here) posted this gracious thank you: http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?16105-Congratulation-Etohchem&p=250779#post250779

Very sad news. RIP. Visited the distillery last July and his entusiasm and great natural abilities as a guide impressed me, and made the place and visit very memorable. A gifted and likeable person

Steffen

He was such a friendly and fun guy to be around. Each time I went to the distillery he remembered my name and said hi. He was a great Master Distiller but an even better person.

If the thread looks out of kilter, I merged another thread about Truman's passing in to this one.

I found out this morning at 10:30 CST. Buffalo Trace emailed a short announcement. Yesterday we were helping him pick a name for his new dog. Everyone is shocked. So sad.

Wow, very sad indeed. I have very much enjoyed the TPS selections from A. Bowman. I actually have A special bottle being saved for my 40th to share with my twin. It is the 18 year old SB that was distilled on our bday in '93. Will have a nice pour of the 19 year old tonight.

Mike

Sad, sad day my friends. Way too young. Going to crack a L&K 14yr John J. Bowman in your honor brother.

post-6524-14489818583366_thumb.jpg

RIP Truman. You will be missed.

I have been trying to think what to post on here all day. Truman never got a chance to get his feet wet at Bowman's. It's just such a missed opportunity he could have been one of the legends. Such a chance lost too sad.

Edited by p_elliott

Very sad. I never met Truman, but "knew" him from here at SB before he got the promotion. Damn shame it happened as his career was peaking. Thoughts to his family at this unexpected tragedy.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.