What PIPE tobacco are you smoking, winter 2013

ErichPryde
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I don't know about you guys, but on these cold winter nights, there's not much better than a pipe warming up in your hand. What pipe tobacco are you smoking?

I'll start it off with this: I went over to a friend's the other night, and we enjoyed some un-named english he had that had been in a humidor for a while (the cedar was a very interesting touch!) and then I finished off the night with a bowl of W.O. Larsen signature blend in a W.O. Larsen Pot.

Bourbon pairs wonderfully with smoke of any kind, and the other night was no exception- I had a mixture of 50% woodford double-oaked and 50% ERSB 90 with a flamed and crushed orange peel to compliment my bowl.

Edited by ErichPryde

I will generally stay with an English like Squadron Leader. Years ago I also enjoyed an American blend called Walnut which is an old brand in the English style.

• 2 weeks later...

My local tobacconist has a really delightful maple walnut blend. Unlike so many aromatic tobaccos, the maple and walnut flavors really come through while smoking.

• 1 month later...

I'm about to have a bowl of Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey tobacco with a dram of KC. Last night I smoked some with a dram of WT101 Rye...the pairing was sublime. :bandit:

Usually Five Brothers (very quick smoke), Samuel Gawith Commonwealth, or Samuel Gawith Skiff.

• 6 months later...

I am more of a cigar smoker, but lately have been putting my pipes to use. I am smoking a couple that I ordered from pipesandtobacco.com--Larry's Blend, and Louisiana Red.

Getting cold out here in Indy so not much porch sitting and smoking for me. Not to mention the one week old wee lad is keeping me up all night. I'm in total zombie mode right now.

I've got an mc mcclellan black parrot I really need to get to.

• 4 months later...

SG's Full Virginia and Best Brown Flake with the ocassional bowl of GLP's Haddo's Delight.

• 4 weeks later...

Weather starting to warm up in the Hoosier state! Getting excited to do some porch sitting and smoking! I have way too many samples that need sampling. :D

And when you get the time let's talk about them.

Will do! Here are a few in the lineup.

u5udumun.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.