Pictures of Your Home Bar

SidewaysTim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate sub forum but I guess your home bar could be considered a bourbon drinking accessory. Do you have a home bar? If so, post up some pictures. If not then post up some ideas for your ideal home bar. I'll start of with pictures of my home bar. It's on the first floor right off the kitchen with a separate door to the front porch, hot and cold running water, a small commercial ice maker, and typically has 6 stools around it but we can fit up to 10 stools. I built and finished it all myself while my wife was in school out of state.

76c3f659.jpg

Great idea for a thread. I don't have a home bar yet, but have been looking for ideas for the future.

Nice job, that is something to be proud of.

Great job, would like to see more pictures of the entire bar. I wish I had thought ahead when building my house to include water and drain in the game room (no basements in Texas). But I wasn't into whiskey three years ago when building our dream home. My bar only accommodates 4 bar stools. Unless I include the sides then I could get 6. I did acquire an Early Times neon sign a week ago, just outside this bar image. My neon collection is now 6. Always looking for more but whiskey ones are hard to get.

I did think far enough ahead to put in a 12 foot ceiling in one of the two car garages for my lift. Sports cars are my other hobby.

post-8428-14489818650428_thumb.jpg

post-8428-14489818651008_thumb.jpg

Here's my bar. I like to keep stuff out of sight when not in use. Side doors hold the booze, glass doors hold glassware and bitters (alot). Top drawers have my bar tools and recipes. All the whiskey aside from my standard mixers is in my office until I can figure out a good storage/display cabinet. That granite top just went on last week.

I'd love to open a bar one day, and here is where I practice and perfect my favorites and come up with new recipes.

post-8419-14489818651179_thumb.jpg

Great idea for a thread.

I'm planning to build my "dream" bar next year and I've been gathering ideas here

I nearly shit myself when I jokingly floated the idea of buiding an English-style pub in the third bay of our three car garage and my wife agreed that it would be a great idea.:bigeyes:

Now all I have to do is scrape up the money to get it done. (Our basement would be semi-suitable, but we've had a history of flooding from time to time since moving here and I'd hate for the furniture to get ruined if we took on water in a flash flood.) I have a few handy friends who are eager to help and my in-laws are antiques dealers in England, so they run across genuine vintage stuff all the time. Man, if I could get that kind of a bar built out there I might never come out!:lol:

I built and finished it all myself while my wife was in school out of state.

wife out of state... a man can dream.:cool:

Thats cool. The idea of a "home bar" for me is just a far off dream. maybe my second wife will approve.

While I'm not sure I can call it a home bar, I have a whiskey room. After acquiring a significant number of bottles, my wife, god bless her, said, 'ya know, we don't use our dinning room, why don't we make a whiskey room'.

I wasted no time. Out with the dinning room table, out with the light fixture, in with 4 leather club chairs, in with a round cocktail table, and china cabinet converted to a whiskey cabinet.

post-9228-14489818653837_thumb.jpg

post-9228-14489818653268_thumb.jpg

Great work with the room and a great use of the space well planned and very casual.The multiple VOF's adorning those shelves is what I find more impressive than the wife letting you convert the room itself itself.Well Done!

Thanks Guys.....I have had some extremely good luck finding some of what I consider to the best whiskey ever made. But, I'm partial to wheaters

post-4808-14489818659529_thumb.jpg

I've made a couple changes to the bar since then but most of them are bourbon related so this picture still works! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14855[/ATTACH]

I've made a couple changes to the bar since then but most of them are bourbon related so this picture still works! :)

MarkRuck, that is truly impressive. Especially the William Heavenhill signed by Parker Beam. What is to the right of that bottle? Also, for having so many Heaven Hill products, there is not a single PHC in there. Hope that is only because they have been recently drained, and not yet replaced from the bunker. :toast:

Edited by Wryguy

Thanks Wryguy, I was lucky enough to convince my Mom to head to Bardstown and shop at the HH giftshop a week or two before the KBF. She acquired the signed WHH along with an EW 23, and EC 21 single barrel. The EC and WHH are both very nice pours, the EW23 is very woody, and not worth the money I paid, IMHO. The bottle next to the WHH is the Breckinridge Bourbon from CO

The PHC is hiding behind the VW's on the top shelf. The cognac barrel finish version, again, a very nice pour.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.