Pictures of Your Home Bar

SidewaysTim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Ummm, what's up with the audio, bro? Sounds like somebody's about to get whacked!

P.S. Don't piss off Enoch...

Cool video,but kind of a snuff film vibe I'll agree.

Funny... I was watching Pulp Fiction. Never occurred to me there was sound because I have the audio turned off on my computer. At least now I don't have to remove half the bottles to get the ones in the back.

Enoch, that's brilliant.

Here's a shot of the Bar I helped my stepson build in his new place. (all the booze is housed behind the bar at this point, they still need to put up some shelves on the wall).

post-10866-14489820865393_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally had some time to put this together this weekend.

Step 1, step up to bar:

post-10771-14489820889094_thumb.jpg

Step 2, take seat:

post-10771-14489820889827_thumb.jpg

Step 3, swivel and enjoy view:

post-10771-14489820890585_thumb.jpg

Or if the weather's nice, take it outside:

post-10771-14489820891357_thumb.jpg

Most of the bourbon is under the bar, but a lot of the opened stuff is on the back shelf. I'll have to get the rest of it out for a family photo sometime soon.

post-11299-1448982092246_thumb.jpg

Not technically a bar, but here's some pics of an old Veterinarian's cabinet my father brought home from the Dallas zoo years ago. It had been painted and all the glass was covered with green contact paper.

I cleaned it up, painted it, added some mirror, lights and glass shelves, and viola- new liquor cabinet.

post-10866-14489820928796_thumb.jpg

post-10866-14489820926388_thumb.jpg

post-10866-14489820926918_thumb.jpg

post-10866-14489820927443_thumb.jpg

post-10866-14489820928139_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjbeggs

all these pics are very inspirational, makes me want to do something that gives my bottles some justice..

I've found, the more you buy, the more creative you have to be. (Especially if you're trying to keep the wife happy).

Of course, creativity is always a good way to keep the wife happy, even in non-bourbon related matters...

• 2 months later...

The latest addition...I made it from a ORVW 10 year barrel: post-11299-14489821344248_thumb.jpg

post-11299-14489821343419_thumb.jpg

post-11299-14489821343838_thumb.jpg

post-11299-14489821343419_thumb.jpg

post-11299-14489821343838_thumb.jpg

post-11299-14489821344248_thumb.jpg

Edited by ModernThirst

• 5 months later...
While I'm not sure I can call it a home bar, I have a whiskey room. After acquiring a significant number of bottles, my wife, god bless her, said, 'ya know, we don't use our dinning room, why don't we make a whiskey room'.

I wasted no time. Out with the dinning room table, out with the light fixture, in with 4 leather club chairs, in with a round cocktail table, and china cabinet converted to a whiskey cabinet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14836[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]14837[/ATTACH]

I love this room. Great layout!

The latest addition...I made it from a ORVW 10 year barrel: [ATTACH=CONFIG]19183[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19184[/ATTACH] The updated bar: [ATTACH=CONFIG]19185[/ATTACH]

Hey Bill, nice layout, don't mean to be picky, but from the pic something is not level, the bar or the shelf? It's just a thing I got, seem to always notice the little things.:toast:

I could care less if something's not quite level. Hell, the only thing I saw was the barrel!!!! :cool: Me want. :lol:

Cool man cave Bill.

Hey Bill, nice layout, don't mean to be picky, but from the pic something is not level, the bar or the shelf? It's just a thing I got, seem to always notice the little things.:toast:

Picky, Picky,Picky. :rolleyes:

It's the shelf, but only by a fraction. I fixed it last week with 2 washers. If I stood n the other side ofnthebar, it looks like it's off in the other direction. go figure.

It's the shelf, but only by a fraction. I fixed it last week with 2 washers. If I stood n the other side ofnthebar, it looks like it's off in the other direction. go figure.

Well, that settles it. Your house is crooked!

Nothing crazy. This site in our living room. Have two bottles of bourbon here. The rest of the bourbon is in the basement out of the wife's sight. :grin:

post-12100-14489821940476_thumb.jpg

Edited by johnnybogey

This thread has inspired me to start thinking about a home back bar project.

I probably have all the tools needed since I bought a bunch when building my poker table.

Will keep you guys posted on progress. Wish me luck.

I have thought about one, off-and-on, for years. The reverie always stops with the thought Well, where exactly would I put it?

Wish me luck.

Good luck!

I probably have all the tools needed since I bought a bunch when building my poker table.

Good luck!

And remember to measure twice, cut once and drink three times for good luck! :lol:

For your consideration on building a back bar --- sometimes I wish I had built mine only one or two bottles deep and much wider and taller. I have depth for 5 or 6 bottles which is good for storage but not display.

For your consideration on building a back bar --- sometimes I wish I had built mine only one or two bottles deep and much wider and taller. I have depth for 5 or 6 bottles which is good for storage but not display.

funny you mention this. I was taking some measurements last night and realized I don't have much room to work with. For one, my basement has a low ceiling (height just short of 7ft). I was to build a back bar similar to bourbon donks except mine will be much smaller scale.

So the plan is two tower shelves on each side with a counter in the middle. On the wall above the counter, I currently have a 32in tv mounted which will stay.

With that, I only get 20 in wide on each side.

Trying to to visluaize how this will look. I feel like given the smaller scale, it won't look as nice.

Hey John, Just thought I would show you this setup, it could work out nicely for you..http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?22981-How-Do-You-Store/page5...average tall bottle space you need is 15" 10- 12" is sufficient for many others. Even when this fills up you can add another shelf to the bottom of the 4x4's...pretty sweet! Put some 14 ga. or 16 ga. copper wire along the front as a chair rail if you're not comfortable with the 4X4 width.

Just a thought....

Edited by dSculptor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.