Pictures of Your Home Bar

SidewaysTim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question to the owners of any BTAC bottles. Can you let me know how tall the bottles are? I am guessing around 14 inches. Unfortunately, I don't own any but in building my back bar, need to figure out shelf heights. Plan is to have BTAC bottles in the furture. :)

Thanks in advance.

Hope you guys don't mind if I ask a question to the owners of any BTAC bottles. Can you let me know how tall the bottles are? I am guessing around 14 inches. Unfortunately, I don't own any but in building my back bar, need to figure out shelf heights. Plan is to have BTAC bottles in the furture. :)

Thanks in advance.

13 1/2 inches, of course you'd need some extra space for clearance.

13 1/2 inches, of course you'd need some extra space for clearance.

Great. Thanks Special Reserve.

With that, I plan to go alternating shelf heights of 15in and 12in.

Went to Home Depot today to pick up material. All out of oak plywood. Grrrr.

Something to consider if you're really lacking for space is just not put everything on display. A friend and I have been working on designing his bar and he's got a lot a really nice bottles but not a lot of room. Rather than going deep, we decided shallow shelves for the nicer stuff with a shelf or two used for rotating stock. The rest of the bottles would be in cabinets. Still accessible just not as easy. It doesn't put everything on display (which can be a good and bad thing), but with space limitations some compromises are required.

Thanks Raven for the insight. Yes, I considered this as well. Unfortunately, right now, I don't have many bottles.

I decided to go 20 inches wide and 12 inches deep (as a reference, this will fit 12 bottles of OWA).

Picked up the red oak plywood last night and had the guys at home depot cut it to size.

Still need to go back and get 2x4's as I think it will be a good idea to frame the base using 2x4's.

Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

John

• 3 weeks later...

Finally feel like I am making some progress. Still need to build the counter for the middle, sand, stain and poly all pieces.

A picture of what it looks like now.

post-12100-14489822074608_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Not fancy but very comfortable....my bourbon corner.

My goal is to reach as much as possible without getting up...

post-5814-14489822115851_thumb.jpg

Picked up a 1920's (TBD) liquor cabinet from a local antique mall. LED strips are mounted for lighting, original lighting looked too scary to use, but I need a controller to complete. Half a bottle of old English and plenty of windex she is ready to go.

post-8428-14489822116119_thumb.jpg

post-8428-1448982211669_thumb.jpg

That is a very cool looking old piece. It loox like it's very functional, as well. Nice find, and nice job spiffing it up.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20415[/ATTACH]

I'm looking for some sort of Cabinet for the near future. But I can't really find anything I really like.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20415[/ATTACH]

Nice!............

I'm envious, Enoch. That looks like a very inviting setting to have a few drinks. Hope you have tunes nearby as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Let's see if I can get the picture to post this time. [ATTACH=CONFIG]20878[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20878[/ATTACH]

Damn son, that's nicer than the majority of public bars I've been too![/quote

thank you. Just part of the man cave.

post-12448-1448982239445_thumb.jpg

Very nice setup. Is it a log house as well?
Edited by Trappersim

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20884[/ATTACH]

Yep. Custom A-frame style with a flare. I will try and get a pic up on it for ya. It's kinda located on the side of a mountain in the woods. When you come home everyday it's like going to a vacation home. Nice and peaceful and quite.

Very nice place Russ. FWIW, I went through Cartersville back in March on my way from Stone Mountain to Chattanooga. My wife and I decided to take the backroads instead of I-75 all the way, since we had some extra time. It was a very enjoyable drive.

Joe

Let's see if I can get the picture to post this time. [ATTACH=CONFIG]20878[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20878[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20885[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]20884[/ATTACH]

Yep. Custom A-frame style with a flare. I will try and get a pic up on it for ya. It's kinda located on the side of a mountain in the woods. When you come home everyday it's like going to a vacation home. Nice and peaceful and quite.

Very nice but that sure isn't downtown Cartersville.

Very nice but that sure isn't downtown Cartersville.

Definately not. Between Cartersville and White on the East side of 75. More heavily wooded and mountainous areas. I live in what they call a wilderness subdivision. Most of the lots are 3 to 10 acres. Plus the best of all, NO HOA to deal with.

• 3 months later...

Some awesome looking bar set ups here!

I need to get some pics of my home bar. I need to clean it up some and change out some furniture.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.