Pictures of Your Home Bar

SidewaysTim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm young (36), and have only been serious about whiskey for about 3 years now. I have a meager collection, but it continues to grow. I do have at wet bar at the house and would like to design cabinetry and shelving to put in behind it for a full service bar.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21531&stc=1

post-12740-14489822768602_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey guys, thought I would give this thread a bump, since I recently finished a custom bar for a client. The top is a 10' slab of white cedar that is at least 150 yrs. old that I had cut from an old telephone pole. The sides are also from a 100 yr. old telephone pole that I had split in half.

There is a granite shelf that runs along the back side.

The whole bar is mechanical and can be disassembled and put back together in less than an hour, and when assembled will not move. The 2 brackets are made out of 3/8" solid steel that  I had lasered out, then powder coated. 

The foot rail is purple heart. I also inlaid purple heart on both ends of the slab.

This took me around 3 months to design and build, the name has been smudged to protect the innocent.:D

It's fashioned after the Multnomah Falls bridge in Oregon.

sdvw.jpg

smdg.jpgtop.jpg

Edited by dSculptor
Couldn't get the pics to post correctly

THAT is some sharp piece of work my friend!    Good on ya'!    Hell; Great on ya'!

Amazing work, Don! I know who to contact if I'm ever in the market for a custom bar!

Nice work. What is the top finished with? And...... did you leave the Purple Heart natural, or did you put an aniline dye on it?

13 hours ago, ebo said:

Nice work. What is the top finished with? And...... did you leave the Purple Heart natural, or did you put an aniline dye on it?

Thanks guys...

The top has a 2 part epoxy on it, the pic is me pre-filling all the knots, that stuff is not fun to work with, you have to maintain 80 degrees for 72 hours for curing. The purple heart is all natural, it has a few coats of poly on it. Purple heart is one of the hardest woods out there and not cheap, but absolutely beautiful, this particular piece actually has some curling in it. You almost don't want to put your feet on it.  I was going to use a large copper pipe, but that's what he wanted.

The reason I asked about the Purple Heart  is because I've had nothing but bad luck with it over the years turning brown/gray over a period of time. The only way I found to prevent that was using an aniline dye of the same natural color.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2016 at 10:10 AM, meadeweber said:

^^^^^^^^I'd call that an easy access bunker.

yeah... I need to get the doors on and locks installed...

• 3 months later...
On 2/28/2013 at 10:57 PM, z327 said:

Sports cars are my other hobby.

lift in action.jpg

This is not bourbon related, but I love your license plate. Are you a fan of the metal band Gojira?

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

Here is my meager bar.  New to the forum but looking forward to contributing.  

IMG_2055.JPG

Edited by bigdhornfan
  • I like it 2

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.