New Jim Beam Book

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have had this picture for awhile. It's Booker sittin' on his front porch. Some of ya know Booker some of ya don't. This is for the folks that don't know Booker Noe.

You can "backtrack" (in time) many, many years ago and compare the pictures. He still looks the same grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gif

post-20-14489811375602_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the awesome picture Bettye Jo! Gosh, what I wouldn't give to sit in that swing and share bourbon and stories with him!!?! grin.gifgrin.gif

That looks like one of those moments where there's "no other bourbon in the world!!!"

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Great pic. He's "a hoot" to talk to. Sure glad I got to talk with him at the time of the Bourbon Festival about 3 yrs. ago -- an honest, nice Kentucky gentleman.

But have you heard any more about his health, Bettye Jo or Bobby? Last we talked to any one that seemed to know he was not getting any better. Freddy's doing all the PR now.

Booker Noe, is one of the "Greatest of Greats" in the History of Bourbon. He is known, by all, in Nelson County and throughout this Bourbon Industry. He has been ill for awhile and Freddy is the spokesman now. The news that I heard, has not changed.

Aunt Jo, gave this picture to me . It was taken right before they taped the show about, bootleggers and moonshiner's, for the History Channel. She went to visit him, with this photographer guy from Germany. I can't remebmer his name, Awfoweber or something like that.

Bettye Jo

Bettye Jo,

That is a very, very cool photo. Thanks.

Was it shot by the people doing the documentary?

Bj

The Answer for yesterday's Final Jeopardy question was:

F. Paul Pacults book, "An American Still Life" portrays the history of the this Kentucky Family that has been in business for 200 years.

The Questions

Champion: What is Proctor and Gamble? (ooh, sorry, NO) He loses

Runner Up: What is Jack Daniels? (No, Let's see if Brenda has the right answer?) He Loses (He's stunned)

Third Place contestant: What is____________?: She wins by default by wagering $0.

Correct Question: Who is the Beam Family?

Who says SB.com is not edumecational?

cool.gif

Ed,

The Answer for yesterday's Final Jeopardy question was:

F. Paul Pacults book, "An American Still Life"

So, the photo appears in Pacult's book? I haven't had a chance to see that yet. Does that mean Pacult was also involved with production of Rumrunners, Bootleggers and Moonshiners that's been running on the History Channel? Or, was he just hanging around at about the same time?

I'm just curious. Bettye Jo said:

It was taken right before they taped the show about, bootleggers and moonshiner's, for the History Channel.

I guess I could put in the video and look, but...I'm just lazy like that... smirk.gif

Bj

I don't know if the picture appears in the book. I just thought it was interesting that the subject was chosen for the final jeopardy question and more amazingly, that I had the answer and three contestants did not.

I'd say those of us who procrastinated about buying this book have put it off long enough.

Apparently it's in the cut-out bin at Amazon.com. I placed my order moments ago.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Wow! That's cheaper than even I got it as a retailer. I haven't read it yet. I read some dry reviews previously so I haven't been in a rush, but you guys and gals have given me a different feeling so I better get to readin'.

I have read the book and I am a raving fan. It gives Carl Beam some much needed credit.

John Ed

For those of ya, that don't know blush.gifgrin.gifblush.gif "Who's Who" around here grin.gifgrin.gif

Our very own grin.gif "John Ed's" grin.gif grandfather, was Carl Beam bowdown.gifbowdown.gif Master Distiller, Jim Beam grin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

• 2 months later...

I remember seeing this book on Amazon.com a few months ago whilst searching for books on Bourbon. Didn't get it at the time, but made a mental note to keep an eye out for it.

Well as luck would have it, I was searching abe.com and a copy turned up in Melbourne Australia for around US $13. Needless to say, it will arrive any day now, so I'm looking forward to finally reading it.

That's great grin.gif You will find my family of Beam's in this book. Jo Ann Beam, my aunt, Joseph L. Beam was my greatgrandfather grin.gif

Keep tabs on this forum, our very own "Chuck Cowdery" is about to finish and release his book on bourbon grin.gif

Click here Chuck Cowdery to learn more about Bourbon grin.gifgrin.gif

grin.gifgrin.gif Bettye Jo grin.gifgrin.gif

By the way, the same publisher that did the Jim Beam book is also coming out with a Jack Daniel's book. Wiley is a business books publisher and although it's not stated in either case, it's pretty clear both books have a "relationship" with their subject companies.

I hope to have my book out shortly and one thing I can guarantee is genuine independence. It's not being subsidized by anybody, damn it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my book arrived last week.

I am only up to the 2nd chapter, but initial impressions are that this is a great read! smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I just read about the JD book today. I have the JB book but haven't cracked it, yet. (Still finishing up a history of Elizabeth Cady Stanton I started for Women's History Month.) Good for you, Chuck, for staying strong! Look forward to it!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.