Bourbon and ice cream?

Alden
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A Brandy Alexander substituting Bourbon isn't half bad either.

Brandy Alexander is basically a booze milkshake.

My wife's grandmother liked them so much she named her dog Brandy.

I have a buddy in San Antonio who is looking to start up a company called "Saucy Sweets" and the focus is all booze-infused desserts.

He did a rich corn ice cream made with Baby Blue that was really fantastic. Can't wait until he gets this off the ground.

Real vanilla ice cream and bourbon, any way you mix it is goooooood!

• 1 month later...

Just tore into some Bourbon and Coke icecream from a local joint, Crank and Boom! Fantastic stuff. Now for the real thing...

post-5227-14489819414731_thumb.jpg

Not bourbon, but tasty. Had this at a place in Dubrovnik, Croatia while on vacation last month

I have to admit I've been skeptical, because the thought of the combination of bourbon and dairy products has never struck me as a good idea, but I just tried it. I put one generous scoop of ice cream in a rocks glass/tumbler/Old Fashioned glass, added a healthy splash of bourbon, and went at it with a spoon.

The verdict: wow, this is freaking tasty! Ice cream is delicious just by itself, but it seems bourbon really can make almost anything better. :)

• 1 month later...

My buddy made a chocolate ice cream with GTS in it. It was almost impossible to get frozen but was amazingly good. Nice bourbon flavor mingled with the chocolate made it very good.

We had it after a buffalo steak and a flight of the 2009 BTAC.

One of the local ice cream places makes their Bourbon Ball flavour with Old Forester. Damn fine ice cream, can pick up the bourbon taste in about every bite.

Not bourbon, or ice cream (SO WHY AM I POSTING ABOUT IT!?) but I had some cappuccino gelato with a Stone Russian Imperial Stout tonight. Really excellent pairing.

Not bourbon, or ice cream (SO WHY AM I POSTING ABOUT IT!?) but I had some cappuccino gelato with a Stone Russian Imperial Stout tonight. Really excellent pairing.

That sounds good. I'm a big fan of Stone products.

• 1 month later...

Publix grocery has a seasonal limited edition "Deep Dish Apple Pie" ice cream that is awesome with bourbon. It's apple flavored ice cream with apple chunks and sugar-rolled pie crust pieces, swirled in with with a cinnamon and brown sugar sauce. :yum:

• 4 months later...

We actually make a Woodford Ice Cream at work that we serve with our pecan pie in the steakhouse. The pecan pie has a healthy dose of Woodford in it too.

• 4 weeks later...

I decided yesterday that Jack Daniel's would go good in a vanilla milshake. 2oz JD Distiller Series #1, 1 Cup milk and all natural vanilla ice cream goes well together. Got the idea when I was thinking about the milkshake scene in the movie "Pulp Fiction"

I've tried a few combinations but alcohol on ice cream doesn't work for me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.