What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A friend let me taste his Macallan Cask Strength. Dreadful, disgusting dreck. When I got home I decided to compare the Jeffersons Reserve, with Jeffersons Presidential Select 18.

And the winner is: JPS 18, but it's not a 1st Round knock out. JPS18 is incredible, and JR is pretty darn good

Finishing off the night withe last of my FR SmB. Good bourbon, hard to compare with JPS 18

Wryguy and I are knocking back a few pours emuvyna9.jpg

:bowdown: stopped by michaelturtle1's place on my way to S. Carolina, and we enjoyed some true dusties, an incredible treat. Many thanks Mike!

I didn't drink any bourbon today and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone.

You and me both, Meruck. The old country grabbed my soul tonight . . . I'm on my 4th single malt.

Too much red wine at dinner so I had to limit myself tonite...... just a 2 oz. pour of KC. It worked well.

Some ER101 Frankfort so delicious. What a pleasing early morning pour, it's a good thing a have a few bunkered.

Experimented with a rye/Jagermeister cocktail. So far, meh. So I poured some HH 8/86 instead. Much better. Finsished the night with some Knob Single Barrel.

a six oz pour of BT, i got distracted mid-pour

Mid-pour? Does that mean 12 oz is your usual pour? You da man!

Luncheon cocktail made with Beam Black, triple sec, amaretto and ginger ale. Will it replace Barton? Of course not silly bear, there is no substitute for Barton.

Luncheon cocktail made with Beam Black, triple sec, amaretto and ginger ale. Will it replace Barton? Of course not silly bear, there is no substitute for Barton.

Beam Black? Sacrilege!!

I didn't drink any bourbon today and I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone.

It's okay, really. Some weeks I have none, some weeks I have a whiskey or two on two or three nights. Just the way it works out, I suppose.

I've been feeling pretty burnt out and under the weather all week (too much travelling and extra hours at work), so most nights it's been tea or cocoa. On Wednesday did I want bourbon, so I had the generous last pour out of a bottle of FR Mariage 2009. It was great, but I felt really blah all Thursday.

Yesterday a customer bought me an ounce of Russell's Single Barrel. Delightful, great mouthfeel, full review at a later date.

a six oz pour of BT, i got distracted mid-pour

Had a standard bourbonandbacon pour of OWA. (Thank you, B&B, for the great new excuse I'm using with my wife.)

Just had a little WT101 on a cube, followed by a OGD86 also on a cube. I think I liked the WT better, but it was the first, so that may have a bearing on the taste.

Now I'm just all relaxed and stuff.

Got home a little bit ago an poured some WT12 Split Label. Delicious stuff...I wish WT still tasted like this!

Long week and went with a few simple pours of EW BIB and JW Dant BIB,nothing overly challenging on tap for this evening.Just needed to stop thinkin' and start drinkin' to erase all the lulls of the week gone by!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!