What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Had some 1792 RR last night. Not bad, although I prefer VOB BiB (which I can't get around here). Has some funky flavor hints that I haven't figured out if I like or not.

Good Morning Gents!....I am at a McDonalds on I-64 a few miles east of L'Ville headed for Frankfort.....broadcasting live with my 2008 HP laptop...but anyway last night at the Marriott bar where we are staying they had at least 75 bourbons, all 3 Pappy's, 23, 20 & 15, I had a couple of 15yo's (neat of course),....surprised to see any Pappy.

Good Morning Gents!....I am at a McDonalds on I-64 a few miles east of L'Ville headed for Frankfort.....broadcasting live with my 2008 HP laptop...but anyway last night at the Marriott bar where we are staying they had at least 75 bourbons, all 3 Pappy's, 23, 20 & 15, I had a couple of 15yo's (neat of course),....surprised to see any Pappy.

Wow. Nice. How much were the pours?

They were only 19 bucks each , I thought that was reasonable since you can't buy a bottle anywhere....the first time I came to KY Oct 2005 Pappy 20yo at The Tavern in Bardstown was $9.50 per pour.

I got a nice big pour of Old Forester Signature in a hotel rocks glass along with one small ice cube.

WT12 gold foil and a sample of EC18 at barrel proof. The BP EC18 was pretty amazing, didn't taste as woody as it does when bottled at regular proof. I also had a single barrel OWA sample that was very sweet and had no burn at all at 107. Nice stuff as well. All in all, not a bad afternoon.

VOB BiB ... I'm about 80% of the way through my first bottle. I can't believe how good this is for $13-$14. I saw some VOB 90pf in Connecticut so I'm hoping this stuff is starting to make its way up here.

VOB BiB ...I can't believe how good this is for $13-$14. I saw some VOB 90pf in Connecticut so I'm hoping this stuff is starting to make its way up here.

Barton travels well Mark, trust me on that.

Barton travels well Mark, trust me on that.

I hear you, Squire. The more I've had this, the more staggered I am about the QPR. I was expecting I might get bored; that I was just enjoying the "newness" of something I hadn't been able to try before and that it might grow boring/one-dimensional as I worked through the bottle. Not so at all - I haven't been going for anything else the last two weeks -

Seems to me there would be a lot of unserved demand for this stuff - from what I've read on the boards here, they aren't even running at capacity? If it is warehouses, I'd be building them and pumping this stuff out. Even if we are in a whiskey bubble, it would seem to me with all of the States this doesn't make it to yet, they've got some headroom before worrying about overproducing ...

I've got to keep this in stock ...

Edited by sutton

I am tempted to clean out my state'a stash of the VOB BiB... As far as Barton goes, I'd like to see a general release of some straight ryes from them.

Hmm, don't really know. The Old Grand Dad brand was started by the Hayden family in 1840 and named in honor of their grandfather, Basil Hayden. It's been in continuous production since (as a 'medicinal' brand during Prohibition) and was sold in 1899 to the Wathen family who went on to found National Distillers. I cannot say when I first noticed the 114 on the shelves, was it a response to Rare Breed or was it the other way round?

WTRB was released in 1991, so OGD114 is definitely older.

Drinking the last pour of a bottle of WLW 2012. Probably go with a rye next.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just finish a pour of Willet 23. Going onto a Lot B that's getting low and been open for a long time.

Dusty 8 year old WT. Fabulous drink, to be sure. Note the crumbled cork floating in the bottle. Such a common problem with older bottles of WT but who the hell cares. I love this stuff!post-4091-1448981927371_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-4091-1448981927371_thumb.jpg

Finished off my bottle of WTKS. Never got into it and won't buy another bottle. I'll be heading right back to the Rare Breed.

I'm just going to throw out a bunch of numbers: 18 51592. If you know what I'm talking about, you may have been privy to some damn good whiskey! I'll throw a 90 and a 3271 in there just to further confusion.

Now some letters. HH EC Binny's. Yum. Sorry, forgot to announce the punctuation.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!