What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Based on SMOWK's recommendation I picked up a current (meaning 2012) OGD 114 even though I have a few in the bunker that I bought in 2010/2011. He swears that stuff bottled in the past year tastes different than stuff bottled even a couple of years ago. He's consumed enough of it that I would guess he knows!

Left the bourbon on the shelf, but grabbed a Ritt BIB.

I see Ritt a lot here. What does it stand for?

rittenhouse bottled in bond

Is it a bourbon? I'm guessing not, but that it is close. I've never heard of it.

Is it a bourbon? I'm guessing not, but that it is close. I've never heard of it.

If you're interested in rye, grab a bottle ASAP. The price is right and the quality is fantastc.

Thanks! I'll look for it. I've heard Templeton is good too.

Templeton is very mild compared to Rittenhouse. Go with the Ritt but make sure you get the 100 proof bottled in bond, not the 80 proof stuff. Ritt BIB is bold and tasty.

OGD114, to many people saying good things about it, peer pressure got to me and I bought a bottle.

Best regards, Tony

There is a fellow who mentions Grand Dad regularly, one would think he likes the stuff.

So, this topic comes up every day here?

Is it always started by the same person?

People post in these threads regularly but they're not created each day - they are created when the season changes, which happens to have been today. They're created by whoever makes the first post after remembering it's time for a new one.

Happy Spring!

Picked up a Willett RR, 10 yo, gold wax, @ 127.9 proof. Dubbed Lion's Share Vol. 1 on the back, for whatever that's worth.

$37 here. Barrel strength, unchillfiltered. Maybe not quite the deal that the EC12 will be, but not too bad a price at all, IMO.

Picked up a WTRRSB. Can't remember the last time I was this excited about opening a WT product, and hope this is a sign of times to come!

TPS is the best. The John J Bowman barrel #45s that I ordered just two nights ago arrived today. One went straight to the bunker and the other is getting opened tonight.

I snagged a Ritt 25 at $145. At that price, I had no choice but to pull the trigger.

Edited by LostBottle

Definitely! I just paid $180 two weeks back. Good find.

And $37 for a 10 year Willet release sounds like a good deal. I think I paid $50+ for a 9 year last fall.

Found age stated WellerSR so grabbed a couple. May go back and get more since the 7's have all but disappeared. At $15.99 ea hard to say no.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!