What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Definitely! I just paid $180 two weeks back. Good find.

And $37 for a 10 year Willet release sounds like a good deal. I think I paid $50+ for a 9 year last fall.

That is a great deal. Im looking at the willet barrel selection program wholesale pricing sheet (for Kentucky) and the wholesale bottle cost is closer to $50 than to $40.

Also manage to pick up a set of the BTEC Giant French Oak yesterday as well. That was a fun surprise.

B

I bought a 50ml of Wild Turkey Rare Breed and did the thing with it in the parking lot.

I bought a 50ml of Wild Turkey Rare Breed and did the thing with it in the parking lot.

I'm a big fan of the 50 mL - perfect solution if you like to have variety of things you won't drink with volume or frequency.

I'm a big fan of the 50 mL - perfect solution if you like to have variety of things you won't drink with volume or frequency.

Rit Bib, was down to only one left in my stash, and conveniently there was only one left on the shelf. i just wanted to make sure they were not lonely anyone

Not today, but this past weekend: OF 1849, FR gift shop bottling (12yr 10mo OBSO), and family-sized bottles of VOB BIB and BT gift shop bottling. The 1849 was a big surprise. Very tasty, especially for the price. Didn't expect a lot from that one given my experience with VSOF (good but expensive for what it was), but the 1849 delivered!

Rit Bib, was down to only one left in my stash, and conveniently there was only one left on the shelf. i just wanted to make sure they were not lonely anyone

Just starting to see this in my area. Added one as well.

I bought a bottle of Jefferson's Reserve. It's half the price of JSP, so I guess if it's half as good then it's worth it?

Not today, but this past weekend: OF 1849, FR gift shop bottling (12yr 10mo OBSO), and family-sized bottles of VOB BIB and BT gift shop bottling. The 1849 was a big surprise. Very tasty, especially for the price. Didn't expect a lot from that one given my experience with VSOF (good but expensive for what it was), but the 1849 delivered!

Brian, I think yours is the 3rd positive comment from someone lately, on the 1849. That's a great sign. That label has really been dog-cussed since they removed the age statement several years ago. Young, thin and hot were the primary descriptions of it (If you're listening Squire, No, I'm not describing all of your girlfriends...;)). Glad to hear that you and others are enjoying it again. Great label, with a lot of history and great whiskey that has gone into it over the years. I don't see it much, if any, down here. But, I'll put it on my "to grab" list next month in Bardstown.

Brian, I think yours is the 3rd positive comment from someone lately, on the 1849. That's a great sign. That label has really been dog-cussed since they removed the age statement several years ago. Young, thin and hot were the primary descriptions of it (If you're listening Squire, No, I'm not describing all of your girlfriends...;)). Glad to hear that you and others are enjoying it again. Great label, with a lot of history and great whiskey that has gone into it over the years. I don't see it much, if any, down here. But, I'll put it on my "to grab" list next month in Bardstown.

I only picked it up because it's not available here and I'd never tried the HH version. Didn't expect much but thought it was worth a shot at $16 (Toddy's price). It was well worth that and now on my list of great value pours. Since it's not available here, I'll likely pick up one or two more over Sampler weekend. Hopefully this is another sign that things are changing for the better with HH wheaters.

Edited by mosugoji64

Picked up a bottle of Old Medley and Bowman Brothers small batch

I'd love to hear about that Old Medley. I've been staring it down, but the price tag beats my curiosity.

Squire must've gotten in my head, because I grabbed a VOB BIB last night.

I bought this last week and it showed up today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14992[/ATTACH]

That sure doesn't say Frankfort, KY!

Awesome score! I picked up another bottle of Four Roses Mariage 2008 today.

I bought this last week and it showed up today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14992[/ATTACH]

Ritt BiB, Old Fitz BiB. what can i say, i like HH BiBs. that Fitz isn't half bad, considering the price.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!