What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'd say a good pour at any price but I'm a bit prejudiced as Four Roses was my late Grand Father's favorite Bourbon.

I'd say a good pour at any price but I'm a bit prejudiced as Four Roses was my late Grand Father's favorite Bourbon.

Picked up some WSR at $15. It used to be quite a bit cheaper around here - think $12 or $13 - but the standard price has since jumped to about $17 or $18. Been watching for it to go on sale, and this weekend I was finally rewarded.

That's all for this episode of ordinary / reasonable whiskey purchasing. Your regularly scheduled programing will resume shortly.

Picked up some WSR at $15. It used to be quite a bit cheaper around here - think $12 or $13 - but the standard price has since jumped to about $17 or $18. Been watching for it to go on sale, and this weekend I was finally rewarded.

I also picked up a Weller SR today, along with a couple of bottles of Kirkland. Went for value pours today.

OGD 114, Old Fitz BIB, a willet 5yr rye barrel 85, Rit BIB, Elmer T Lee

It was a good trip to the store today

Larceny. Technically....it wasn't today...it was last week at an ABC store in Myrtle Beach, because I haven't seen any locally, (Baltimore area). Couldn't pass it up. $22.00 w/$10.00 mail-in rebate. For $22.00, this is pretty damn good!

I also picked up a Weller SR today, along with a couple of bottles of Kirkland. Went for value pours today.

Even though I always take march off from my favorite hobby :drinking:I made some purchases today. Picked up 2 EH Taylor small batch, highwest 21 (barton) rye, Ezra 12, 2 Ritt bib, an ETL and some bitters. After all the month is almost up :lol:

Now I'm confused. I thought all of the 1789b labeled stuff was just denoting a Julio's store pick. It seems to be available for purchase there by anyone.

Private barrel selections still have to work within the 3-tier system.

Elijah Craig 12 yr old barrel strength...134 proof...this stuff is delicious..

So this is out? What state are you in?

I likewise bought a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Strength on Saturday from Eric at Packages & More Liquors in Elizabethtown, Ky. $45.

Old Forester Signature 100 proof. Bought this in Montreal and encountered a particularly good bottle with clean rich nutty flavors, very smooth even though that word should be inapt as applied to a drink one-half of which helps power stock cars.

The recent discussion about Pappy 23 reminded me that fine bourbon is available for far less money than that rarity goes for, and the OF 100 is as good if not better IMO.

Gary

Edited by Gillman

It is a very good one and we are fortunate the Brown family has allowed it to remain relatively unchanged for the last 100 years.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!