What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Eagle Rare with the "Single Barrel" designation still on the front of the bottle.

MM UofL bottle for a friend. I actually just had a cardinal BIRD try to fly into my glass door. My wife yelled at me to look outside. Need to get this out of the house quick.

EWSB 1999 and

EWSB 2000

Edited by HighInTheMtns

Join on the EWSB 2000 x2 plus a FRSmB 2010( I know, I know it falls short of the '08/ '09 and the '12 but can't find those and I have a Mariage '09 sized hole in my cabinet and it needed filled).

Edit: do the 2000's count as dusties at this point?

The '99 is almost certainly the "dustiest" bottle I've bought in Utah. And I'd buy a FR Small Batch 2010 if I saw one.

walked into my liquor store today looking for something else, when i saw something that stopped me dead in my tracks. there was one of my favorites, Knob Creek 120, sitting on the shelf with a sale price of $19.99. I went back to the front of the store, grabbed a basket, and proceeded to clear the shelf. they even discount it further when you buy as many as i did. if they restock it, i'll reclear it!

is this how bunkering gets started?

That would be YES! A great find.

Well, it was actually a week ago, but I got 2 handles of AAA10 and 1 handle of OC10. Apparently AAA10 comes in plastic bottles...argh. I have several empty glass screw cap bottles sitting around so I think I'll be doing a little transferring.

OGD114, Ritt BiB, and a OHH when I wasn't paying attention thinking it was the BiB version. Still mighty fine drinking if a little light, but its summer so good poolside sipping.

Edited by ramblinman

Picked up a 1792 Ridgemont Reserve and a spare MM. I've heard the 1792 is on the sweet side, and i sure hope so.

AG I would put the 1792 on the dryer side as it's essentially Barton with more age and selectively batched barrels.

AG I would put the 1792 on the dryer side as it's essentially Barton with more age and selectively batched barrels.

Good to know. I'll open it tonight and check it out.

Found an ECBP and EC 18yr while out in Waterford. Since I haven't purchased anything in a while, I decided to pull the trigger even though they were asking $60 a piece.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Found an ECBP and EC 18yr while out in Waterford. Since I haven't purchased anything in a while, I decided to pull the trigger even though they were asking $60 a piece.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I paid $54 for my ECBP and I would buy another EC18 in a heartbeat even at $60,so all in all I would have done the same.I think it's kind of odd that just in the last few weeks that the EC18's have been popping up all over,now if I could just run into the same kind of luck I'd be doing something.:grin:

An EWSB '03, and a Larceny ( for $13.77 for a 1L after the rebate it's almost illegal not to try it ).

Edited by RocknRoll

Pick these up, look quite dusties on top shelf of a liquor store. Happy for the EC18 at $47; the last bottle I had must be 5 years ago

The WTRB was just because, maybe it looks old and in a nice box. Anything specific you can tell me. Thanks.

u2ybygu3.jpg

What does it say on the neck of the WTRB? There should be a batch code similar to this format: W-T-01-99.

Weller Antique 107 7 year '05 x6

Weller Special Reserve 7 yr '05

EC18 distilled in 1981 ($45)

The Balvenie 10 Founders Reserve ($48)

What does it say on the neck of the WTRB? There should be a batch code similar to this format: W-T-01-99.

WT-03RB

Probably newer one?

9ytusysy.jpg

7abagysa.jpg

I think they stopped updating them when that batch code came out. So, it could be up to 10 years old.

Weller Antique 107 7 year '05 x6

Weller Special Reserve 7 yr '05

EC18 distilled in 1981 ($45)

The Balvenie 10 Founders Reserve ($48)

Nice. I like the 05 Wellers.

Came across another bottle of 2013 FR SBLE (on the shelf) at a decent price and decided to bring it home.

Plonked around Atlanta on Saturday and picked up a Wild Turkey American Spirit, a High West 21, A Michters 10yr Single barrel (7k series) and a Charbray Hop whiskey.

A Jack Daniels Silver Select made it home with me this evening.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!