What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

WTRB @ 29.99 & KCSB @ 37.99 both with no tax! New Hampshire is the best!

Wow... my WTRB was $40 after tax!

I picked up yet another bottle of EWSB1996 and a dusty pint of OGD86. I left behind 6 EWSB1995 at another store. And I hadn't this particular label of Russel's Reserve 10 year. Anybody know anything about it? post-9887-14489819210741_thumb.jpg

post-9887-14489819209334_thumb.jpg

post-9887-14489819209808_thumb.jpg

post-9887-14489819210267_thumb.jpg

post-9887-14489819209334_thumb.jpg

post-9887-14489819209808_thumb.jpg

post-9887-14489819210267_thumb.jpg

post-9887-14489819210741_thumb.jpg

I picked up yet another bottle of EWSB1996 and a dusty pint of OGD86. I left behind 6 EWSB1995 at another store. And I hadn't this particular label of Russel's Reserve 10 year. Anybody know anything about it?

I picked up yet another bottle of EWSB1996 and a dusty pint of OGD86. I left behind 6 EWSB1995 at another store. And I hadn't this particular label of Russel's Reserve 10 year. Anybody know anything about it?
Edited by smknjoe

Grabbed a bottle of OWA after realizing how low I was on wheaters. Definitely got a good bottle...I hesitated a bit since I got an unfortunate bottle of WSR back home in Indiana (age stated sorta dusty). I paid $27 for it which is steep, especially since the last time I got it I was in Arizona where it was like $20 (same for W12 at that time)

I now have 6 bottles of the Buffalo Trace portfolio open on my bar. :bigeyes::cool:

Guess I'll have to procure a bottle of GTS or WLW when little Suntour comes along in November!

Edited by suntour

Yeah, I thought that $29.99 was a great price as well! I think I saw it for around $36 today.
Yup! On sale and no tax. I'm very fortunate to have friends driving through there a couple times a year. Booker's was $47 last month and I picked up a couple - it's normally $55 plus tax where I am.

Yup! On sale and no tax. I'm very fortunate to have friends driving through there a couple times a year. Booker's was $47 last month and I picked up a couple - it's normally $55 plus tax where I am.
It sounds like NH may be the best of all the control-states.

FR gift shop OBSK.

More photographers in the place today than people shopping. Tried to to trip over their stuff.

B

My mom just returned from a trip to Europe and was kind enough to grab this for me in Prague:

post-8447-14489819215381_thumb.jpg

Picked up a bottle of WTKS. After liking Rare Breed so much I'm very interested in trying the KS. I just hope I don't like it better since it's more expensive.

Rough couple of days at work led to two-days of consecutive bourbon purchasing.

Picked up Russell's Reserve SmBSB. Smells delicious. Can't wait to taste it later.

Picked up a bottle of WTKS. After liking Rare Breed so much I'm very interested in trying the KS. I just hope I don't like it better since it's more expensive.

Rough couple of days at work led to two-days of consecutive bourbon purchasing.

Picked up Russell's Reserve SmBSB. Smells delicious. Can't wait to taste it later.

FR gift shop OBSK.

More photographers in the place today than people shopping. Tried to to trip over their stuff.

B

again, not looking for this, but the guy pointed me to a half-price clearance rack they were closing out. 6 year HH 90 green label 1.75's for $9.47 each. and a $2 rebate to boot. not my favorite, but after sneaking this into a blind tasting a few months ago and seeing it come out in the top third of entries, i got one to keep around for company who either want to mix, or dont like my high proof stuff.

HH isnt doing away with this are they? I havent heard anything about it, but this was the last of the HH name products they were carrying. im sure its a matter of time before it loses its age statement too.

Edited by 393foureyedfox

Yes it was the 12 year they had on hand.

Like you, need to thin before opening one of these.

B

Got my first-ever bottle of OWA. This stuff really lives up to the hype. I can't decide which one I like better....OWA or Weller12.

Got my first-ever bottle of OWA. This stuff really lives up to the hype. I can't decide which one I like better....OWA or Weller12.

Then the next step on your path to discovery is clearly the SB Blend my friend.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!