What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

did you happen to find them near an exit to I-65?
Edited by BFerguson

If they are two 90's and and a 91 barrel date then you can thank me for leaving them for you. :grin: That place has a nice price on RittBIB too.

If they are two 90's and and a 91 barrel date then you can thank me for leaving them for you. :grin: That place has a nice price on RittBIB too.

That sounds like the place!

I was kinda surprised to see that they had Single oak and experimental.

just didn't seem like the place that would normally carry them.

B

Picked up on Thursday for Father's Day Weekend..OGD 114, Weller 12, Springbank 12 year Cask Strength(with my apologies for mentioning that in this forum)..first Single Malt I have purchased in a while. Also have a bit of FR Small Batch and Maker's left.

Went to my usual spot to pick up a High West Rendezvous Rye to try. Then the young assistance manager for spirits, a young lady, and I got talking and found she likes whiskey too. She said I have something special and showed me a bottle of the 4RSBLE 2013. None else to be found in this area at all yet. The best part is that it was priced right and she said its wrong to put a high markup like others may be doing even if some customer would pay it.

Did you taste the 2013 4R yet? I picked up a bottle - amazingly smooth mouthfeel and great taste.

Did you taste the 2013 4R yet? I picked up a bottle - amazingly smooth mouthfeel and great taste.

Opened it up right away yesterday and had two pours. I like it a lot but need to spend more time. I was afraid I won't like it as much as the SmBLE2012 which I like a lot, but this I like right away too.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=350127#post350127

EC18, OC10-for historical purposes and not bourbon but found a Redbreast 12 Cask Strength and had to see what the fuss was about.

Mis-post in wrong area. Deleted and moved.

Edited by tigerlam92

Pretty great weekend

2x Vintage 17

2012 FR LE SmB

ECBP

And an ER101 from a fellow member. Can't stop peaking at the post-wedding replenished bunker every time I walk by.

BHC VSOF 12

BHC OC 13 Louisville

Old Taylor 6 yr 80 proof ('95)

OWA 7 yr ('05)

WSR 7 yr ('03)

Well....thank will make a few folks around here a little jealous. But I'm not the jealous type. Really, I'm not. Not at all.:cool:

AAA 10 yr x 3 @ $22

OWA TPS selection x 3 @ $21

W12 x 3 @ $24 - wish they had more!

ETL x 2 @$28

Mid-shelf value shopping today.

Mike

AAA 10 yr x 3 @ $22

OWA TPS selection x 3 @ $21

W12 x 3 @ $24 - wish they had more!

ETL x 2 @$28

Mid-shelf value shopping today.

Mike

That's what you gotta love about bourbon and American spirits. Even though "mid-shelf value" that's some damn good drinking for an average price of low $20's/bottle.

That's what you gotta love about bourbon and American spirits. Even though "mid-shelf value" that's some damn good drinking for an average price of low $20's/bottle.

Agree completely, for what cost me about a bottle of good Scotch, 11 bottles that I love to drink. I put a "no bottle over $30" limit on myself for the next year. I do have one exception, but that is another story. I plan to keep stocking up on these brands as I thought they were always underpriced anyway and they keep sneaking up a dollar or two every couple of months. It's the "Buy low, drink well into the future" plan. The only problem is that I running out of hiding places from the "local authorities!"

Mike

The only problem is that I running out of hiding places from the "local authorities!"

Mike

If you come up with a good solution, please do share!

:D

Hidden

Trying to finish a long open bottle of MM. Grabbed it from my folks house.

Bottle date says 1986. Price tagged reads $12.99.

While I wasn't anywhere close to drink at that point, it seems about right i guess.

B

2x HW Bourye, 2x JPS18, 1x Michter's 10yr.

I had the Son of Bourye before and enjoyed it greatly, knew this place fairly close to my house had the Bourye so made a trip out there today. They had 4 JPS18s, mine is getting low so I grabbed two. Stopped by my job, then headed home and popped into a package store I had never been to before. Not sure if I had ever even noticed it before, not in that area a lot. At first seemed promising, lots of old bourbon branded carafes on the top shelves as decoration, but their selection was pretty standard. They had one lone bottle of the Michter's, which I have been kinda interested in lately. The deciding factor was that it was $25 cheaper than any other place around here I have seen it for.

It's the "Buy low, drink well into the future" plan. The only problem is that I running out of hiding places from the "local authorities!"

Just tell her you're gonna dig that cellar she's always wanted.

Got my hands on some OGD Bonded, last bottle in the store (a common occurrence).

I did notice fully stocked OGD 86 in both regular and family size though.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!