What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a WT101 with the old label today (NAS). Did Some hunting around Rehoboth Beach the past couple days and came up with nothing. Most stores all had the same selection with similar prices, nothing out of the ordinary.

Finally found a store here that carries OGD BIB. Picked up a trial 750. Good stuff.

Picked these up over the last 10 days in France... Too bad I am not a fan of malts as they were a great many bottles to choose from, not so much on the bourbon side...y7u3usy8.jpg

That Ten High label is so cool but what interests me is the taste of the Wells Fargo. There's been some posting about that brand but I do not recall if anyone has identified the maker.

I was told it is a bottling for a Dutch liquor store, I have no clue where it was made but it was way too odd to pass up...

I believe it's a Diageo brand that's imported in bulk and bottled in Europe.

First post...grabbed a Parker's Heritage 6th edition and a FR 1B 2013 Limited Edition. A good day!

Grabbed the last few bottles of OWA 7yr. (dated 2007) that I spotted a couple of weeks ago. These suckers sure are getting hard to find around here.

Grabbed the last few bottles of OWA 7yr. (dated 2007) that I spotted a couple of weeks ago. These suckers sure are getting hard to find around here.

Joe you are a lucky man, I found some age stated WSR and grabbed it for shiggles (thanks for the word Yeti) but the Antique age stated is long gone from these parts.

Bought ETL and KC single barrel select store bottlings, and a Balcones Texas Single Malt Whisky.

Joe you are a lucky man, I found some age stated WSR and grabbed it for shiggles (thanks for the word Yeti) but the Antique age stated is long gone from these parts.

I guess so.

Bought ETL and KC single barrel select store bottlings, and a Balcones Texas Single Malt Whisky.

I'd like to find a private selection ETL. The standard is awesome.

I'd like to find a private selection ETL. The standard is awesome.

Yeah, in addition to having a terrific whiskey selection generally, this store by me has single barrel Buffalo Trace and EC 12 selections, as well as single barrel selects of ETL and KC SB. I can't quantify how much better the selects are than the stock offerings, but I'll almost always go for a single barrel (as in the case of BT and EC 12), or a single barrel select (as in the case of ETL and KC SB).

Bought some 1792 RR, it was on sale for $22. Pretty good although I'd prefer VOB. I may buy another bottle at that price. Normally it's around $30 here and it's not quite worth that to me.

It's Tennessee Whiskey, but I picked up a bottle of Jack Daniels Barrel House 1 1994.Old Forester BIB 100 proof dimple bottle 1988 x2

Old Ezra 101 proof 7 yr

Old Taylor 6 year (old label design, I forget the year)

Old Charter 10 year 1.75 fake tax strip

Packed as much of my TSA 5 liter limit into my suitcase as bottle sizes would allow.

2x Larceny

2x Rittenhouse BIB

1x Weller 12 handle because I can't get 1.75 locally and it was almost the same price as what I pay for a 750 in my state (after taxes).

I agree with this, it is good stuff that is not appreciated enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bought a bottle of 46 at the distillery when it was released and it's the only Maker's I've bought since. The finishing adds a layer of depth that makes it very tasty.

Bought a bottle of 46 at the distillery when it was released and it's the only Maker's I've bought since. The finishing adds a layer of depth that makes it very tasty.

Just goes to show we all have out own tastes. I do like regular MM quite a bit, but really don't care for the 46.

Mike

Yesterday on the way back to L'Ville from Bardstown I stopped at Jim Beam just because I have never been. I got a pint bottle of Old Tub BIB that is sold only at their gift shop. As you know Old Tub was a Beam brand before prohibition, don't know if they brought it back afterwards or just went with the new Jim Beam name.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!