What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some Old Charter Classic 90. I've never had it be for, looking forward to trying it.

post-9285-1448981927518_thumb.jpg

woohoo! another case of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve 120 proof for $18 a bottle! I was in there a few weeks ago and saw this sale and cleared the shelf. Then I went back every few days to see if they were going to get more in, as the sale was supposed to be through July 2. The guy working there kept telling me that no more had come in, but he would make sure to order some more, after he had seen me in there like every other day. after he ordered it, he found out they had put it on such a sale because they were clearing them out, as it wasnt a good seller, and were not supposed to order any more once they were gone. but, since he accidentally ordered it, there was another case today. I took them all.

ive got about a 2 year supply of it now. i imagine ill eventually tire of it and switch to something else, but will revisit it later. in that case, ive probably got enough for 10 years.

Picked up a MM46 and wondering why I don't buy it more.
I agree with this, it is good stuff that is not appreciated enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I'm gonna get a bottle tomorrow, y'all are right, it ain't perfect but it's about the best new thing that has been introduced in recent years.

woohoo! another case of Knob Creek Single Barrel Reserve 120 proof for $18 a bottle! I was in there a few weeks ago and saw this sale and cleared the shelf. Then I went back every few days to see if they were going to get more in, as the sale was supposed to be through July 2. The guy working there kept telling me that no more had come in, but he would make sure to order some more, after he had seen me in there like every other day. after he ordered it, he found out they had put it on such a sale because they were clearing them out, as it wasnt a good seller, and were not supposed to order any more once they were gone. but, since he accidentally ordered it, there was another case today. I took them all.

ive got about a 2 year supply of it now. i imagine ill eventually tire of it and switch to something else, but will revisit it later. in that case, ive probably got enough for 10 years.

Man, what an awesome deal! Regardless of how long it lasts, you bought something that you really like at a great price! Enjoy!

Some Old Charter Classic 90. I've never had it be for, looking forward to trying it.

Looks like a great haul! I have never had it but it looks pretty good! I just have little luck finding any older stuff in my area. Let us know how you like it.

Yesterday on the way back to L'Ville from Bardstown I stopped at Jim Beam just because I have never been. I got a pint bottle of Old Tub BIB that is sold only at their gift shop. As you know Old Tub was a Beam brand before prohibition, don't know if they brought it back afterwards or just went with the new Jim Beam name.

I went to Louisville and picked up things we usually can't get in Indiana: Henry McKenna 10 year B.I.B., Ezra Brooks 7 year 101, AAA 10 year, and Larceny. Also, picked up some good deals in sizes I don't see by home: W12 1.75L:bigeyes:, and OWA 1L. While I was there I checked out the beer too, and got Genesee Cream Ale. It was quite the trip. I've never tried the McKenna B.I.B., Ezra 101, or Larceny before. No more shopping/hunting for a long time. :cool:

No more shopping/hunting for a long time. :cool:

Is it wrong for me to call you a liar? :grin:

I've never tried the McKenna B.I.B., Ezra 101, or Larceny before. No more shopping/hunting for a long time. :cool:

let us know how those turn out, ive been curious about McKenna BIB and Ezra 101 for a while

Had initially passed on this but came to my senses and picked it up today.

Wow, nice find!!!

No more shopping/hunting for a long time. :cool:

I say this as well, then I have an opportunity to hunt a little and it's game on.

I must admit that the hunting has decreased sharply in the recent years.

Picked up a bottle of Evan Williams BIB (White Label)... Not previously available in MI.

Looking forward to the comparison with EW Black Label, which is a fine lower shelf buy indeed. :rolleyes:

Also, grabbed another bottle of OGD 114.

My local whiskey monger was cleaning up and found a bottle of PHC Cognac which I happily adopted

Is it wrong for me to call you a liar? :grin:
I went to Louisville ... No more shopping/hunting for a long time. :cool:
I guess it depends on what you consider a long time. I could say no heroic efforts for a while. On the other hand, if I just happen to stumble upon something ...

I am home sweet home from the KY trip.

My wife had a good time at the Unitarian Universalist convention in Louisville and I had a good time on the Bourbon Trail.

We were on the bridge over the Ohio River crossing into IN at 4:50am this morning and walked into our home at 10:20am,...thunder road baby!

Here is a pic of the bounty that I harvested from KY for friends and I.

You KY members don't fret, think of it as more taxes in your state's coffers not less bourbon on the shelves.:grin:

For friends I got,

1 each of Four Roses Barrel Proof Rutledge Gift Shop Selection OESK & OESV

Smooth Ambler Old Scout 10yo

Angel's Envy Rye

Heaven Hill BIB 1.75lt

Ancient Ancient Age 10yo 1.75lt

Very Old Barton 100pr 1.75lt

And for me,

1 each of Four Roses Barrel Proof Rutledge Gift Shop Selection OESK & OESV

2 bots Four Roses Single Barrel, I can get it in MI but 10 bucks cheaper per bot in KY

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit bottled 2-7-13, I get one every year to check out the quality

2 bots WL Weller 12yo. not on sheves anywhere and not on the store shelf where I bought it, they keep it hidden, ya gotta know the secrect password:skep:

Old Weller Antique 107 1lt Cork N Bottle Selection #67 (#=number not hashtag:rolleyes:)

WL Weller Special Reserve, $17.01 including tax, had to get it

2 bots Very Old Barton 100prf

Old Tub BIB 375ml, available only at the Jim Beam American Stillhouse

rsz_ky_bounty_003_zpsbd247c7b.jpg

I'm only slightly cross that you know some secret KY W12 password and I don't. :smiley_acbt:

Nice haul though!

I just bought my first bottles of WLW12 and Rittenhouse Rye BiB. Should I also try OWA and WSR?

6 - 1.75 liter bottles of Old Fitz BIB, 1 - 1.75 liter bottle of Old Taylor 6yo, and 2 bottles of High West Bourye.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!