Brooklyn Brine Co.

MyOldKyDram
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found a bit of an oddity while grocery shopping today, Brooklyn Brine Co. Whiskey Sour Pickles. Apparently they're made with McKenzie Rye and they are some spicy muthas. Delicious though. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw it out there. Maybe Mr. McKenzie can share some knowledge about this product.

I think they pickle in the mckenzie barrels, My personal favorites are the pickled beets. Oddly enough, Sunday Morning just had a story about the company.

I saw the Sunday morning show and thought I might order some of these. They sound good to me.

Yep, good hard working folks, and it is paying off for them. in the whiskey sour pickles they use a lot of our white rye that we only sell at the distillery in them. They have started one with our bourbon too I think,and they use our barrels to pickle in. Nice to see somebody actually wanting to work hard and make something out of a company. That is rare in this country now. Most are happy on the dole.

Thanks for chiming in. Not sure I got a big rye flavor out of them, I'd have to try the distllate one day, but there did seem to be a pretty good oak and smoke quality. They really are quite good though, so I guess you guys are both doing something right. Cheers to the both of ya!

Thanks for chiming in. Not sure I got a big rye flavor out of them, I'd have to try the distllate one day, but there did seem to be a pretty good oak and smoke quality. They really are quite good though, so I guess you guys are both doing something right. Cheers to the both of ya!

I love white dog, but try white dog has a taste all its on. I cannot drink the stuff, it really needs a barrel. The use the whitedog, but that spicy taste of rye whitedog works with those pickles.

I'm pretty sure I saw these at Whole Foods. I love good pickles and will be sure to pick some up and report back.

• 5 months later...
I'm pretty sure I saw these at Whole Foods. I love good pickles and will be sure to pick some up and report back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.