Rittenhouse rye BIB

TheNovaMan
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think most of us know that the Ritt BIB that's currently on the shelves is Brown-Forman juice in a Heaven Hill bottle, and that soon HH will start using their own juice. Well, I talked to a guy from HH, and if everything went according to plan, they bottled their last batch of B-F Ritt BIB this past week. If you're a curious guy like me, this is an excellent opportunity to see how long it takes for the new stuff to push the old stuff out of the pipeline.

You know, I think it'd be nice if B-F bottled their rye with their own label, but I'm a whiskey lover, not a businessman.

I can't make any promises as to the timeline, but a comparison will be done at such time as it is possible.

Since there's nothing IN the pipeline [in my neck of the ocean], other than surfers, I guess we'll see what turns up next. :cool:

I'm scared. But unless brown foreman stopped distilling rye a while back then there is still a ton of contract distilled juice laying around those rickhouses at HH

I'm scared. But unless brown foreman stopped distilling rye a while back then there is still a ton of contract distilled juice laying around those rickhouses at HH

I doubt there's any question on that point - HH says they'll be putting out their distilled product this year, so I'm sure they stopped buying from B-F years ago.

I'm not worried, I doubt we're in for any surprises.
That comforts me and bums me out at the same time.

Several observations:

I'm confident HH will put out a product as good or better than the BF iteration.

Can't wait to A/B the old BF vs. new HH juice.

I have plenty of BF juice in bunker.....but I may go buy another case, just because:skep:

Thread relocated to the rye forum.

Both BF and HH went to great pains to assure me that Ritt was made at BF making HH's recipe and when HH stopped buying it, BF stopped making it. That doesn't mean BF hasn't continued to make rye whiskey, it's just not the same as the rye whiskey they made for HH.

I have no doubt that when Ritt BIB switches over to DSP-1 juice, there will still be many barrels of DSP-354 rye in HH's warehouses. Also, although the BIB has to be one or the other, the 80 proof and HH's other ryes can be some of each.

Put me down as someone who hopes the new HH distilled whiskey is different, and has more rye punch to it. The Ritt BIB just seems too "bourbony" for my tastes.

Put me down as someone who hopes the new HH distilled whiskey is different, and has more rye punch to it. The Ritt BIB just seems too "bourbony" for my tastes.

mmmmmmmmm.... bourbony... now we're talking. :cool:

So now that you are bourbony of the year the whole world has to revolve around you!!! :horseshit::bs: I will alert the powers that be of your disapproval and I'm sure they will pull the switch to defcon 4 and the lights and sirens will be blaring. :soapbox::banghead:

Having said that, I think (speaking for the rest of us) that the next iteration should be less bourbony, perhaps with more rye punch to it. The exact opposite. :slappin:

I got some laughs a week or so ago when I referred to Lexington's Town Branch Bourbon as "not very bourbony," but I think it's a perfectly good descriptor. At least Joe knows what I meant.

• 1 month later...

My favorite store is down to three bottles of Ritt BIB as of a couple days ago. It'll be interesting to see what comes in to replace it.

Has anyone seen a COLA for the new Ritt BIB?

Has anyone seen a COLA for the new Ritt BIB?

Yep, the new label for DSP KY 1 has been approved

I guess I should go out and put a few away for comparative reasons since the label has now been approved.I will really be curious to see how they stack up against one another.

Yep, the new label for DSP KY 1 has been approved

Is the label basically the same, but just a difference in the text? Or are they finally going to give Rittenhouse a decent label? I hate the mid-90's computer generated ugly label it has.

Is the label basically the same, but just a difference in the text? Or are they finally going to give Rittenhouse a decent label? I hate the mid-90's computer generated ugly label it has.

To me, the label looked the same. Just the back label showed the different DSP #

Dang. Here I had this dream of them going back to the diamond shaped label with the nice text....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.