Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Also, scored some Balvenie TUN 1401 Batch 3 due to the generosity of a fellow SB member who let me ride the coattails of his finely honed hunting skills. :-)

A fine purchase. Excellent stuff.

Speaking of Balvenie, I stumbled upon two bottles of 10 year old Founder's Reserve in a box I stashed in a closet a few years ago and had long forgotten about until this week. Always such a nice surprise when the whiskey gods smile upon you!

Also, scored some Balvenie TUN 1401 Batch 3 due to the generosity of a fellow SB member who let me ride the coattails of his finely honed hunting skills. :-)

Picked up some replacements today for empty bottles of Ardbeg 10, Bunnahabbain 12, and Red Breast 12.

A thing of beauty to behold.

Tastes good too! Very smoky but balanced with the sweet malt.

Pretty box it came in, I thought.

Tastes good too! Very smoky but balanced with the sweet malt.

Pretty box it came in, I thought.

One of my favorites

I agree with you but, incredibly, someone called it "the worst scotch" s/he ever tasted (post #39). LOL

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?20077-What-is-the-worst-scotch-you-ever-tasted/page4

Yeah, jonnyd didn't like it. Maybe he had a bad bottle. It happens. Who knows? I like better than some other peatsmoke scotches I have had, some of which are exactly as he describes. That bandaid iodine seaweed flavor can be good if it blends with the sweetness of the malt just right, but not when it overpowers it.

Talisker does it right, in my opinion. It has a peppery tingly flavor too that really makes my tongue buzz on the finish.

Received these last week:

8898690987_30b3ba1d10_b.jpg

Tokyo International Bar Show bottlings of Hanyu & Karuizawa

Been off the sauce for the last week due to a persisting stomach bug :-(

Will post up notes when I open them.

Whooo boy do those look like a few nice finds. Karuizawa sherry and a nicely aged Hanyu. Great pickups.

Received these last week:

8898690987_30b3ba1d10_b.jpg

Tokyo International Bar Show bottlings of Hanyu & Karuizawa

Very cool - hope you get to drink them soon.

I'd rather it was me who got to drink them sure but okay, hope you get to I suppose

A bottle of Compass Box Flaming Heart (4th) followed me home.

Edited by ChainWhip

Picked up the last bottle on the shelf of Glenmorangie Ealanta. Had been going back and forth on this one but a couple of strong recommendations and the fact it was the last bottle pushed me over. They had Ardbog on the shelf as well so I added it to the basket on a whim.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!