What rye did you purchase today - Spring/Summer 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Happened across a bottle of 2011 Handy for 65 bucks last night. Even though it's been a while since I've seen it at that price around here, I hesitated to buy it. So my wife picked it up and bought it for me. I should go shopping with her more often!

-Mike

Happened across a bottle of 2011 Handy for 65 bucks last night. Even though it's been a while since I've seen it at that price around here, I hesitated to buy it. So my wife picked it up and bought it for me. I should go shopping with her more often!

-Mike

She sounds like a keeper! Mine has done that on a few occasions and I felt my heart grow 3 sizes on those days. :lol:

Added two more bottles to my Wild Turkey Rye 101 stash. I had to travel a few towns over to make the purchase. Real small town with a real small liquor store, run by an older gentleman and his wife. I'd imagine these bottles have been sitting there for more than a few years, of which I've known about their existence for 3-4 months. I hadn't cleaned the store out previously because, being a small store, the price wasn't the best ($28/bottle) and I still had a few other options for securing WTR101. Well, after those other options were exhausted, I readjusted the amount I was willing to pay for my favorite rye, and hit-up the small-town store. I'm happy with the purchase and my current, updated stockpile--7 sealed and 1 nearly full bottle.

1 E H Taylor rye

1 Knob Creek rye

2 Baby Saz

Good deals on the Saz and the KC. Less than 30 a piece. Taylor was 65. First time trying it but I REALLY like the Taylor. 9 yrs well spent on this one.

3 bottles of Thomas h handy rye. Never know what you will find in small towns.

3 bottles of Thomas h handy rye. Never know what you will find in small towns.

I have a question. I grabbed the letter that must ship with the case of Handy, because I bought everything on the shelf. It is dated July 15th 2010, I find it hard to believe they sat that long can I tell the year off the bottle?

I have a question. I grabbed the letter that must ship with the case of Handy, because I bought everything on the shelf. It is dated July 15th 2010, I find it hard to believe they sat that long can I tell the year off the bottle?

You can tell by the proof. Put Handy and the proof into google and you should come up with it pretty quickly.

You can tell by proof. It's different every year. And yes, they will sit on the shelves that long since they are the least prized of the BTAC. There was a bunch around here from 2010 until recently. Somebody must be talking them up.

Thanks guys, I'll look it up. Not sure if it's been talked up or not. I grabbed a bottle a couple months ago in Chicago and really enjoyed it. Being in Iowa I buy stuff I like when I can.

Thanks guys, I'll look it up. Not sure if it's been talked up or not. I grabbed a bottle a couple months ago in Chicago and really enjoyed it. Being in Iowa I buy stuff I like when I can.

Can also look here:

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/showthread.php?11718-BTAC-Info-Thread

Should be in there somewhere.

The reviews were intriguing enough to where I broke down and bought a bottle of the AE Rye today.

The reviews were intriguing enough to where I broke down and bought a bottle of the AE Rye today.

Did you try it? I'm enjoying it.

Not yet but fully intend on cracking it open tonight.

I found a bottle of Wiser's Legacy blended rye today on a clearance table, first one I have seen so I brought it home to try. I figured I couldn't go wrong for the $10 I paid for it.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!