What rye did you purchase today - Spring/Summer 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a Baby Saz, don't see much of this these days.

Okay. I'm a weak, weak man. Bought a 2nd AE Rye today.

Still enjoying the taste i take it? Came very close a few weeks back...just couldn't do it. Though i do need to stock up on some Willet 4yr next time i'm out shopping.

Yeah. I really ended up liking it a lot. Of course I would still like it $20 cheaper. And it's going to be a regular release, so not exactly a need to buy another right now, but I've never been one to let need stop me. :P

I guess this means you're off the fence now?!?:rolleyes:

A man of such bold, decisive nature is definitely standing rather than sitting.

Bought my first bottle of AE Rye at $69.99. Been reading quite a few positive thoughts about it lately, so couldn't pass it up anymore. Of course, I was in a different liquor store yesterday and saw it at $62.99. Good to know for the future, but I hate when that happens... Looking forward to giving this a go.

Back in the Fall I grabbed a Baby Saz to "test the rye waters". I've decided I like it.

Today I grabbed a Ritt BIB to test drive.

Bought my first bottle of AE Rye at $69.99. Been reading quite a few positive thoughts about it lately, so couldn't pass it up anymore. Of course, I was in a different liquor store yesterday and saw it at $62.99. Good to know for the future, but I hate when that happens... Looking forward to giving this a go.

How is it? Is that $62.99 bottle calling your name?

Haven't opened it yet. I'll report back when I do--probably tonight knowing me...

mybu7y5a.jpg ACDetroit an I picked up some Jefferson Rye Yesterday...

That should last you a day or two!

mybu7y5a.jpg ACDetroit an I picked up some Jefferson Rye Yesterday...

What is the significance of those? Private barrel selections? Cant read when zoomed in.

What's the significance of the shocker??..:cool:

What's the significance of the shocker??..:cool:

Gonna have to get with Tony on that one...maybe he can show you?

Canadian, but close enough. Snagged some Lot40 2012 edition while in Canada this week. Glad they still had ont he shelf. Need to crack open soon.

Canadian, but close enough. Snagged some Lot40 2012 edition while in Canada this week. Glad they still had ont he shelf. Need to crack open soon.

I had some of the 1990s version with my dad last weekend for an early Father's Day celebration. It was very very good. There was an aftertaste of clove that really made it for me.

Fingers crossed based on reviews and tasting notes i've read. Hope to crack this weekend after i've made some shelf space.

Picked up several more bottles of Ritt BIB DSP 354. Don't know exactly when HH plans on making the "switch", but when it's gone it's gone.

Picked up several more bottles of Ritt BIB DSP 354. Don't know exactly when HH plans on making the "switch", but when it's gone it's gone.

Have several bottles myself but I kinda wish the DSP1 would arrive already so we can make the comparison and decide if it is close enough to live with.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!