What rye did you purchase today - Spring/Summer 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Why does it seem like BMH 18 is popping up so much recently? Karma gods, please send some my way

4 bottles of HW 16 year old Rocky Mountain rye, and a 21year old as well.

Ted

Well done guys! Holy $#!+ Ryeman!

Love seeing these great scores - woohoo! I see great drinking ahead...

Well done guys! Holy $#!+ Ryeman!

Love seeing these great scores - woohoo! I see great drinking ahead...

I'd sure like to make that kind of mistake! Congrats!

I'd sure like to make that kind of mistake! Congrats!

Unfortunately those "mistakes" are few and far between. I look at it as I don't have to mud wrestle for this years BTAC release.

Wow! Quite the score. Haven't seen anything like that in my recent searches. Can't imagine those are recent bottlings. Did the store say if they just came in or have they been sitting on them for awhile?

I think sitting awhile. HW is sold out from their website.

IMG_1525_zps7ede2f41.jpg

Thanks to a tip from a SB member I have some WTR101 on hold behind a counter, oh yeah it's going to be a great weekend!

Picked up a nearly full bottle of BMH 18yr (yes, another one) from a friend who had drank maybe an ounce (certainly no more than 1.5 ounces) from his bottle and decided he didn't care for it. Now have 2 bottles from 2 different barrels! Can't wait for a blind SBS between the two (and a Saz 18 just because).

THH only cause it was sitting there for a long time and priced at $74.99

Hirsch 22 rye

Rittenhouse 23 rye

Both at the great original price I think, lowest I have paid, hidden on the very top of shelf collecting dust. Surprise I never saw it before.

Grabbed a local stores last HW 21, been staring at the 2 bottles they have had for months one sold so I figure it is time to buy the other one.. Also picked up a 375 of HW Rendezvous as I dont' see HW 375s often

Pick this up to day. 13y LDI and 16y 4R rye blended and put back into barrel. Very good. Very smooth.

post-9285-14489819715058_thumb.jpg

post-9285-14489819715058_thumb.jpg

Another few Jeffersons 10yr UCF'd last ones on the shelf to appease a few friends requests.

Edited by WAINWRIGHT

Pick this up to day. 13y LDI and 16y 4R rye blended and put back into barrel. Very good. Very smooth.

Thought the 16yr component was Barton?

Thought the 16yr component was Barton?

yes, and the LDI is a 6yr based on reports from the distillery owner on here. But, heck, who cares we all agree it tastes great.

This was a single barrel selection. I asked if they knew the source, and without hesitation that was the info he gave me. It's very smooth. The LDI is the king of the 2 rye's in this barrel.

I was shocked when he told me the 16y was 4R.

Edited by LCWoody

Gotta be bad info, pure and simple. 4R doesn't make a rye. Not sure when the last time they did, but again, wagering on bad info here.

ETA: I think this 1B may be aged a lil while longer in ex 4R bourbon barrels.

Edited by MyOldKyDram

It's surprising how often something that sounds like it could be true is repeated as if it's absolutely true.

It's true until it isn't (and vice versa) it would seem.

=]b

You're right OD - it does taste great

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!