A must have for any serious bourbon drinker

kyboy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I like cool bourbon. A little water opens up the alcohol...too much dilutes it.

Regular ice cubes have too much surface...melt too quickly adding too much water. Instead, I use ice balls.

Pour distilled water into the molds....store in freezer. before use, put under cold water (eases the separation without breaking the ball in two) and enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Touch-Jumbo-Silicone-FTC104/dp/B006VCZ2XG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368409481&sr=8-6&keywords=ice+ball+molds

Why settle for wimpy silicone balls ...

is the real must have :slappin:

Bargain priced at £650.00 !!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by portwood

... or you could just keep the bottle in the freezer. Just an idea.

I could but then I couldn't use those cool cubes.

oohhhh, mo'contrare, just think of how much loner they would last.......................nothing like a nice set of "ice balls".

I frequently ask my wife to get my balls from the freezer....sometimes, I ask if she would like to hold my balls....occasionally, I ask her to remove my balls from their casing and warm them before putting them to work

They are similar to the ice molds sent to Ambassadors by Makers Mark a few years ago.

That's what got me started on it; my MM molds finally broke last Fall....there are a number of varieties of these molds on the market, some the same size and some (liek the ones I posted) smaller.

Put me down for ten and bill me. But only if they truly are essential. I'm trusting you on this.

I once had "ice balls"; a byproduct of an extended ice-fishing trip on Brest Bay when the temperature was around zero, and the wind was about 20 mph. They finally did warm up... than God! :rolleyes:

I like cool bourbon. A little water opens up the alcohol...too much dilutes it.

Regular ice cubes have too much surface...melt too quickly adding too much water. Instead, I use ice balls.

Pour distilled water into the molds....store in freezer. before use, put under cold water (eases the separation without breaking the ball in two) and enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Touch-Jumbo-Silicone-FTC104/dp/B006VCZ2XG/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1368409481&sr=8-6&keywords=ice+ball+molds

With experience you'll learn how much ice is enough or to much.

Just try one cube and you'll get the experience of different tastes with each sip.

Or are you just promoting a product?

... or you could just keep the bottle in the freezer. Just an idea.

Yep, good idea but I think the original post was to promote a product.

Cold and a water take away from the flavor for me. I'm drinkin bourbon when I'm thirsty, I'll use water when I'm dirty.

I have two of the death star molds. I don't use them often because I don't use ice often, but they work very well. And for about 2 seconds they look cool as hell. Then the etching disappears.

I tried Whiskey Stones . . . and recommend them to no one :lol:

aaaawww man....Whiskey Stones!!!!! . Thats terrible. I hear the high rye juice can really give you whiskey stones bad.

I read somewhere that the only relief for whiskey stones is ice balls...............

Got some of these:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f0b6/

The details of the Death Star disappear pretty quickly...

Ended up getting these also:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007ACTN54/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1368489388&sr=8-1π=SL75

I have two of the death star molds. I don't use them often because I don't use ice often, but they work very well. And for about 2 seconds they look cool as hell. Then the etching disappears.

Nerds!!! :toast:

• 2 weeks later...

I've got them and like them. Especially the bigger ones that seem to be the same as the original whiskey ball

IMG_20121203_221317_891.jpg

small_435-1.jpg

I've got them and like them. Especially the bigger ones that seem to be the same as the original whiskey ball

IMG_20121203_221317_891.jpg

small_435-1.jpg

That's a set of balls you got there, BT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.