can charcoal filtered vodka be straight bourbon whisky?

AGarrison
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Looking at this TTB entry for Senator's Club "charcoal filtered Vodka, distilled from grain" : https://www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?action=publicDisplaySearchBasic&ttbid=13106001000117 , the class is listed as "Straight Bourbon Whisky"

Can this be right? I didnt think vodka could be classed as straight bourbon whisky.

post-9751-1448981907636_thumb.jpg

They just put the wrong class code down which is a pretty common occurance. What's important is what's actually on the label.

They just put the wrong class code down which is a pretty common occurance. What's important is what's actually on the label.

Ok, a mistake makes sense. The lines are getting so blurred i wasnt sure. Thanks, SKU.

No, but a lot of people claim that you can turn cheap vodka into premium-tasting vodka by running it through Brita filters.

Tim

And there are NDPs who believe they can turn cheap hooch into premium stuff by changing the label.

No, but a lot of people claim that you can turn cheap vodka into premium-tasting vodka by running it through Brita filters.

Tim

You can also make water taste like premium water by running it through a Brita filter.

Seriously? This is why I think Vodka drinkers are ill in the head.

It's a blonde thing ethan and if she want's vodka that's what she gets.

Whenever folks I know who are into vodka talk about "it is so pure - it doesn't even taste like alcohol", I inquire why they don't buy some Everclear and dilute it in their favorite water. A few looked at me like I was on to something :lol:

So all I need is some Everclear, a Brita and an empty Ketel One bottle.

So all I need is some Everclear, a Brita and an empty Ketel One bottle.

And some nice tap water - still want the proof to be close :lol: Didn't I see an "ibuypremiumvodka" domain for sale?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.