For the Fireball fans

brettckeen
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So last night behind the bar I finally got fed up with all the fireball requests. Two guys ordered scotch and their friend celebrating her 21st birthday said she wanted a whiskey to celebrate and that she liked things like fireball. What to do? I couldn't lower myself so I riffed on the old fashion. Wild Turkey 101, tsp of cane syrup, two shakes of orange bitters and an orange slice. Put it all in a tumbler vigorous stirring, and tasted.... It was sweet, orangey, but still turkey, and something I didn't feel ashamed to serve.

TBH I don't know what a Fireball is, but what you made sounds mighty fine to me. I've made something similar with no syrup or orange slice but add a splash of a dry orange curacao and some aromatic bitters.

Fireball is similar to Red Stagg, it's a Canadian Whiskey flavored like cinnamon candy. I believe Jager owns it so lots of free bottles have been added to people's liquor orders, that equals cheap shots around town, and a lot of people hooked on this sweet syrupy stuff that they think is whiskey.

So last night behind the bar I finally got fed up with all the fireball requests. Two guys ordered scotch and their friend celebrating her 21st birthday said she wanted a whiskey to celebrate and that she liked things like fireball. What to do? I couldn't lower myself so I riffed on the old fashion. Wild Turkey 101, tsp of cane syrup, two shakes of orange bitters and an orange slice. Put it all in a tumbler vigorous stirring, and tasted.... It was sweet, orangey, but still turkey, and something I didn't feel ashamed to serve.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.