Nice Try, Better Luck Next Time

cowdery
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The Lexington Herald Leader is making a deliberate effort to increase its coverage of the state's whiskey industry. That's a good thing.

And it was a nice idea to publish data sheets on each of the state's distilleries, using a standard format. Too bad it's riddled with errors.

Their disclaimer says the facts all came from the distilleries but I find it hard to believe Heaven Hill supplied the wrong URL for the Larceny website, for example. (It's www.larcenybourbon.com, not www.larceny.com.)

Nice try, better luck next time.

There's a companion story with the headline, "Louisville distillery joins Kentucky Bourbon Trail." It's about the Evan Williams Experience in Louisville, which is a visitors' center, not a distillery, although a small still will be part of the 'experience.' I don't blame the story's author for that, as reporters rarely write their own headlines. The editor is to blame for that one.

Nobody these days has fact checkers.

Edited by cowdery

Wow - Jim Beam is going to release a "Knob Creek Rye Bourbon"? Does this imply that KC was a wheater all along? :lol: And I guess Wild Turkey isn't a major player - I mean, not in the same company of Town Branch at least.

Wow - Jim Beam is going to release a "Knob Creek Rye Bourbon"? Does this imply that KC was a wheater all along? :lol: And I guess Wild Turkey isn't a major player - I mean, not in the same company of Town Branch at least.

It is merely a variation on the old question, "What is the difference between whiskey and bourbon." The standard answer is "All bourbon is whiskey but not all whiskey is bourbon." Especially when it is rye whiskey and not bourbon we're talking about.

The Commonwealth is in safe hands when citizens get their information on topics such as international affairs, health care legislation, and immigration policy from Kentuckians who also don't know the difference between bourbon and rye. It's as if the LA Times weather man didn't know what sunshine is.

Are you a Lextonian? I was in Lexington last night, and given it was pretty late, but was amazed by the number of drive through liquor stores. ALl of them liquor barn express I believe. We have a couple here in Louisville, but most you've got to leave your vehicle!

That's my paper!

Liquor stores in Key West have drive through windows facing the sidewalk for customers on bicycles.

Another proof that we're living in a world of total anarchy (the OP, not the part about drive-up liquor stores, that's cool). I'll keep the rest of the PR&C comments to myself. :cool:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.