What non-whisk(e)y spirit are you drinking?

BigBoldBully
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Oloroso Sherry, coffee and Fernet-Branca at a Spanish place in Stamford, CT. 

F9BEF472-8B94-435B-A813-65F909BBD245.thumb.jpeg.b7abbc9c0ea00bb84c092244a3ac64cb.jpeg

• I like it 4

Still suffering the loss of my favorite restaurant...  but at least I’m on the road...

AA3BEDB4-06A0-4FFC-8078-265E77657682.thumb.jpeg.f37e8a1e7f8efe6fa7a222bebe8c110d.jpeg

• I like it 2

After a week of indulging on the road, I kept the ball rolling once back in town with another Foursquare product that's in relatively short supply.

IMG_6861.thumb.jpg.63b901a55321d1f63b37bbf22817ea99.jpg

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

After a week of indulging on the road, I kept the ball rolling once back in town with another Foursquare product that's in relatively short supply.

IMG_6861.thumb.jpg.63b901a55321d1f63b37bbf22817ea99.jpg

That looks delightful!

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

That looks delightful!

Yes, other than the fact that it’s a 700mL bottle, a sign of things to come from Foursquare (and everyone else).

22 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes, other than the fact that it’s a 700mL bottle, a sign of things to come from Foursquare (and everyone else).

I hear you but I will happily trade 50ml of product for a broader US selection. 

• I like it 1

On 10/13/2021 at 8:50 AM, BigRich said:

I hear you but I will happily trade 50ml of product for a broader US selection. 

I will be less happy when US producers start giving us 50 ml less for the same (or more) cost and the same old crappy (or worse) selection that we have now...

• I like it 1

Enjoying some cherry port wine with my steak this evening. 

20211016_201433.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/6/2021 at 6:34 PM, Marekv8 said:

Oloroso Sherry, coffee and Fernet-Branca at a Spanish place in Stamford, CT. 

F9BEF472-8B94-435B-A813-65F909BBD245.thumb.jpeg.b7abbc9c0ea00bb84c092244a3ac64cb.jpeg

You’re the Fernet guru but it seems like the Fernet would over power the sherry?  Do you think it first than the Ferber and coffee?

On 11/5/2021 at 8:53 PM, HoustonNit said:

You’re the Fernet guru but it seems like the Fernet would over power the sherry?  Do you think it first than the Ferber and coffee?

Yes, that was the order of events-- sherry first

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

While I’m Gonna Kill That Girl by the Ramones and a Japanese cover of Jet Boy/Jet Girl are blaring... New York is back 

2E1EDC4C-7834-434E-B0D2-C49D2E5934BE.thumb.jpeg.97d6766a6029fe9ccac70d45c3e28bdd.jpeg

• I like it 2

Black coffee and Bigallet China-China. Took a while for them to figure out what I had ordered and that I desired them in separate vessels, but it all worked out fine.

IMG_7285.thumb.jpg.d3f198caf7c2561e568a19ec4cf87bcd.jpg

• I like it 2

Another night, another round-- and equally as difficult to procure. I always scan and note the bar when entering a restaurant-- and recently have been aggressively challenged as to the offerings on hand. Funny stuff…

IMG_7295.thumb.jpg.b3198dca5408eb1f2ee7400834af2577.jpg

• I like it 1

Hot chocolate laced with Fernet-Branca and Green Chartreuse plus an Ardbeg 10 at a thematic speakeasy.

F44F65AF-D1A1-44DF-BFD0-13D31F04E51D.thumb.jpeg.1e953cb71682e6d60186edc85f3dd010.jpeg

• I like it 2

After following this thread for awhile, I finally gave the coffee and Fernet Branca a try some months ago after a particularly heavy meal.  I was immediately sold.  Not a daily thing for me but a great digestif.  So flash forward to dinner on 12/3 with a friend and another particularly heavy meal.  I order the Fernet again and he's seen me do this a few times by this point and decides to have one too. He was surprised at how much he enjoyed it and the curative powers as a digestif.  Monday he texts me a picture from his local liquor store asking "This the one, right?"  😆

The ripple effects of these posts continue onward!

• I like it 5

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

After following this thread for awhile, I finally gave the coffee and Fernet Branca a try some months ago after a particularly heavy meal.  I was immediately sold.  Not a daily thing for me but a great digestif.  So flash forward to dinner on 12/3 with a friend and another particularly heavy meal.  I order the Fernet again and he's seen me do this a few times by this point and decides to have one too. He was surprised at how much he enjoyed it and the curative powers as a digestif.  Monday he texts me a picture from his local liquor store asking "This the one, right?"  😆

The ripple effects of these posts continue onward!

Glad to hear it's working for you. My wife carries Underberg in her purse and has managed to make believers out of many folks.

• I like it 1

I've been meaning to get back to here to share the good news that I recently discovered that I am able to order Underberg by the box or CASE thru amazon.  Must be the bitters loophole, as I've ordered twice from a place in Chi Town with no problems.  Bought the metal tin 12-pack for shelf display and the case to refill it as needed.  

I missed you in Manhattan a couple weeks ago Dave.  Hope to buy you a pour in 2022!  

• I like it 1

On 12/16/2021 at 6:13 PM, Guss West said:

I've been meaning to get back to here to share the good news that I recently discovered that I am able to order Underberg by the box or CASE thru amazon.  Must be the bitters loophole, as I've ordered twice from a place in Chi Town with no problems.  Bought the metal tin 12-pack for shelf display and the case to refill it as needed.  

I missed you in Manhattan a couple weeks ago Dave.  Hope to buy you a pour in 2022!  

I do the exact same thing in regard to the case purchase and tin display— except I have a second tin to hold the used caps. I’ve almost got enough saved to score the Underberg truck with musical trailer.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.