BigBoldBully

What non-whisk(e)y spirit are you drinking?

kevinbrink
15 minutes ago, Kpiz said:

I have a bottle of the Craftwork finished in 3 Floyds Dark Lord barrels - is that the one you're referring to? I like that one but it took me a while to warm up to it. A friend of mine, however, loved it.

I'm impressed you have 121 open. My overall bunker is fairly large but I probably only have 60 or so total bottles open (including bourbon, scotch, rum, brandy, etc.)

Yep that's the one, I liked it, of course it was only a single pour, but I did have it right after a pour of VWFR Rye so there is that. 121 which is over half of the 212 total many of which are more or less multiples or different batches of stuff. So it is more a lack of patience than anything.

Kane

It's mezcal Friday. Ilegal reposado and anejo SBS, and delicious pomegranate sangrita.

IMG_20171103_191221.jpg

Kane

Now it's tequila Friday. Partida anejo and extra anejo (expensive!) SBS, and delicious pomegranate sangrita.

IMG_20171103_192850.jpg

Edited by Kane

beasled

Picked up a bottle of 5 year Somerset Apple Cider brandy today and having a dram of it (do you have drams of brandy or is it a nip?). 

Pretty damn good. 

Kane

More tequila this week. Partida & Fortaleza Blanco SBS. I've now tried everything Partida. Turns out I find aged tequila more interesting, I'll take the mezcal joven instead.

IMG_20171106_190511.jpg

Kane

Final pours before bed: Ocho Anejo La Latilla & Ocho Extra Anejo El Refugio. To my surprise, not particularly impressed with either. I've heard that Ocho's quality varies a lot due to the single estate thing, maybe these are not particularly good?

Kane

Okay, now I am just spamming, but I am in a really good mood tonight, so one final SBS: El Tesoro Reposado & Anejo. The reposado is vastly superior.

Overall, the first pair wins the night. I am fairly new to tequila, but I can't deny I am partial to Partida and Fortaleza. Even my least liked Partida of all, the blanco, was a hit.

smokinjoe

Jacoulot L'Authentique Marc de Bourgogne Brandy, tonight.   Wonderfully juicy-fruity, but dry at the same time.  Some vegetal notes up front that at first give me pause (I'm thinking, Oh no, back alley tin garbage can full of days old  Chinese restaurant vegetable throw outs) but that glides quickly into a lushness of dark grapes and bit-o-honey.  Interesting (X2)!!  Tinge of caramel at the back of the palate.  The grape-iness (as in grape skins) hangs on waaaaaay into the finish.  Liking this ALOT.  

IMG_4319.JPG