What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I chose the fabulous Gold Foil WT12. A delightful summer pour.

Yesterday, I opened a bottle of Henry McKenna 10-year, BIB that I had in the back of the closet, and put a generous pour over a small cube which I thoroughly enjoyed for about an hour. :grin:

I'd forgotten how rich and sweet this dram is for a rye-mash Bourbon... Almost like a wheater; but with more caramel and butterscotch.

Actually, I think I should make this a more regular dram. It's too tasty to save for no good reason. :rolleyes:

The WT12 gold foil is a great choice! It was my favorite pour so far in my decade or so of sipping. I lament the loss of the bottle I had. It was so good I couldn't save it for long:grin:

Gold Foil WT12 is a good choice for any season, but I've found that it best as a summer pour as I've mostly been drinking barrel proof bourbons these days. As a general rule barrel proof are best during the colder months.

When tonight arrives, I have a quarter-full bottle of GTS that has been around for a long time. Tonight marks the beginning of the end for it, albeit not in one night!

Starting the weekend early with my first ever glass of WR. I'll have to look up the mashbill but I can taste a higher amount of rye than I can in the OGD BIB. I could be wrong about that, but that's my perception. Cheers to a great weekend everybody!

The Brown-Forman/Woodford mash bill is 18% as opposed to Grand Dad's 28% (unofficial figures) but the flavor in both is certainly rye forward. I like 'em.

Woo! Summertime has arrived!

Last night was the first picnic with DW, and afterwards at home relaxing and reading, with a little taste of FR2012SmBLE before a manhattan made with Baby Saz, Cocchi Americano, and orange bitters.

Starting the weekend early with my first ever glass of WR. I'll have to look up the mashbill but I can taste a higher amount of rye than I can in the OGD BIB. I could be wrong about that, but that's my perception. Cheers to a great weekend everybody!

Speaking of Rye and summer, I have a TH Handy 2010 that needs some attention.

Some WTRB on the rocks to get the afternoon rolling. Turkey products take ice better than just about anything.

Celebrating the conclusion of a great week with a special pour of an ECBP that I picked up today. :D

This week is over at last. Having a pour of Weller 12. No big surprise there. :rolleyes:

OGD86 followed by BT. BT seems a fine mid-shelf bourbon equal in quality to EWSB.

Celebrating the conclusion of a great week with a special pour of an ECBP that I picked up today. :D

I picked a bad time to be out of town, didn't I?

Heehee. Timing's everything. Doug, I'll see if I can get them to hold a few for you. :D

Feet up, some Dan Gibson playing in the background, and a healthy pour of MM. Weekend at last.

The second flush of this stuff must be getting out there. I was surprised to see three bottles at a place that didn't get any last time. I left them there for someone else (this has to do with pure beneficence towards others, not that I had too much last night)

Currently sipping on my vatting of EWSB, Old Heaven Hill BIB 6yo, ECBP, and Fighting cock. Its pretty amazing! And perhaps a waste of ECBP!

Nothing is a waste my friend, if you are enjoying it. You can always remember this unique vatting with fondness!

Celebrating the fact I'm alive with some Old Grand Dad.

I am celebrating the fact that you are alive with a little of my newly purchased Rye and some HH 6 Y/O BIB. I really enjoy reading your posts. I always learn something, even if they are a short quip!

Had a pour of HH 6yr BIB myself after work and now a little more of the same,glad I stocked up when I was down in KY a few months back.:yum:

Some WT Tradition after finally getting my car back from the body shop after hitting.......a turkey. Driving 70 mph + hitting a turkey = $2100 in damage

Had a pour of HH 6yr BIB myself after work and now a little more of the same,glad I stocked up when I was down in KY a few months back.:yum:

Man, all I can say is YESSSSS! This is great stuff! Enjoy!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!