What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I 'd love to get the EW Black at 100 pf+ - paid $11.99 for a 750ml.

Started off the night with a few sips of OGD Bonded.... not sure what's next, gonna wait till the kids are asleep so I can enjoy the next pour with a good show.

just get an EW BIB white label.

everything is better at 100+ proof!

sat down with a friend last night. his favorite is Early Times, buys it by the jug. My new favorite is Knob Creek 120 proof. i also brought an EW BIB white label along. we sipped on all three. we came away still with our own favorites, but agreed the EW BIB was pretty nice.

I suddenly want a hot dog, or maybe I just want to be a hot dog.

I'm not sure it's possible to follow this with a conventional 'what are you drinking' post, but I'll give the ol' college try:

Followed up my initial smallish OGD 100 pour with another, more robust pour of the same. Then, three pours of Old Forrester Signature... now that I'm running out, this stuff is really, really growing on me (of course).

Celebrated the Miami Heat's Championship all weekend long with a bottle of ER 101. Put a healthy dent on it. Might be posting about this same bottle on the empty bottle thread next weekend.

OGD114 Old Fashioned. Hade the foresight to buy ice from Sonic beforehand. It's scientifically proven to be the best ice in the world.

Did a sample swap for some WLW08 and feel pretty good about it at the moment.

That's a good one.

I've been on a OWA roll myself. With a little spice here and there to keep things interesting.

Had some WT Rye 101 earlier this evening while doing some light yard work.

Forgot to post this last week. Two years ago I took my then 19 y/o son on the bourbon trail, 8 distilleries in 3 days(BT and barton too). While at Maker's, I dipped a bottle of 46 to hold for his 21st birthday. While I wouldn't buy a lot of 46 due to the price, it is a very tasty bourbon. We opened it and had our celebratory pours, very enjoyable. Then hit 4R, Turkey,and BT hard hat before camping and hiking at Red River Gorge for a few days.

Hidden

I got a couple of WL Weller 12yo's in KY last week to vat with some Old Weller Antique 107's that I have because they are hot and young.

I did a 50/50 that resulted in a 9yo, 98.5 proof whiskey that was still a bit to hot.

I then tried 2 parts WLW12yo and 1 part OWA107 that resulted in a 10yo, 95.666 proof whiskey that is very very good, in fact it's so good I could compare it to something else but why brag?:lol:

FRYL. The calculation of average age grinds on my sensibilities. Mixing a 7yo and a 12yo certainly does not result in a 9yo, it results in a mixture of 7 and 12 year old whiskies that qualifies for a 7yo age statement. An averaged age is meaningless since there is no linear correlation between age and flavor, not to mention that the age of the water added at bottling hasn't been taken into account. :stickpoke:

Edited by MauiSon

Hidden
FRYL. The calculation of age grinds on my sensibilities. Mixing a 7yo and a 12yo certainly does not result in a 9yo, it results in a mixture of 7 and 12 year old whiskies that qualifies for a 7yo age statement. An averaged age is meaningless.

NAS for OWA and they admit that it is just "six summers in the wood" hence 50/50 = 18 divided by 2 = 9.

A hot steamy day in Ohio, and I'm drinking a summer time favorite, refrigerated HH old style bourbon.

Trying my first pour of Old Charter 10-Year. It is pretty good. After this one is done, I plan to have another. :grin:

Edited by mbroo5880i
changed my mind.

Did a quick survey of the liquor cabinet and came up with some Old Grand Dad.

A hot steamy day in Ohio, and I'm drinking a summer time favorite, refrigerated HH old style bourbon.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!